would like to lease purchase a home in Austell, Mableton area, can i get any suggestions on any leeds to help me in that search? Thanks in advance

Asked by Lwd, Austell, GA Tue May 31, 2011

Answers

6
Bob Southard, Agent, Kennesaw, GA
Tue May 31, 2011
In almost all situations a lease purchase is the real estate equivalent to a buy here/pay here car lot. I think Morgan may have understated it. I don't think that even 20% close. That means it is a very high likelihood that you will lose every penny that you put toward a potential purchase.

Rent until you are ready to buy. If you end up buying in 1-2 years prices will still be low. If you are actuallyready to buy then you can pick any house that meets your needs, you'll be able to negotiate more, and you'll have a much larger choice of homes to pick from.
Web Reference:  http://www.AgentBobSells.com
Anne Taylor, , Cobb County, GA
Thu Jun 2, 2011
Greetings,
Lwd, you can find lease purchase listing the same way you find rental and homes to purchase and that's by using it as a search criteria. If you search rentals in our current market and ask the owner if he or she is willing to sale in the near future. You will probably get a lot of folks saying "YES" if you have money to use for the up front down payment. Most lease purchase agreements are due to credit issues and the inability to purchase at the time.

I managed rental property for years, and request's for lease purchase agreement was common on the nicer homes, but I never had anyone actually purchase. Better credit , more options, great loan rates.....oftern means a buyer has MORE options. Good Luck and let me know if I can assisst further.

"Taylormade Real Estate Services to Meet Your Individual Needs"

Anne Taylor
Lee Taylor, Agent, Decatur, GA
Tue May 31, 2011
Call Jackye Mumphrey - she is "The Mableton Maven."

If you didn't get the point about the fundamentally wrong choice of lease purchasing yet, then she'll give you solid advice on your next steps. If you can not buy right now, then she'll guide you toward that future purchase goal with skill and knowhow...

She is one of the coolest people in our business. She is an authentic expert on Austell and Mableton. There are many pretenders, but only one Maven...
Darrell Hess, Agent, Asheville, NC
Tue May 31, 2011
If you are interested you can setup a free account that allows you to search the MLS for free at http://www.hesshomefinder.com. Similar to some sites out there the difference is it is updated more frequently and allows you to search for lease purchase available properties. Keep in mind you are essentially renting during the "lease" period.
Web Reference:  http://hesshomefinder.com
davidwbrower, , Woodstock, GA
Tue May 31, 2011
Gee, why don't you sugar coat it Morgan.... LOL - although, I couldn't agree more! Why do you want to lease purchase a home? Statistically 80% of lease purchases never close, a buyer is required to pay a large non-refundable deposit, and how are you going to settle on a future sale price today that will, most likely, never appraise in a year or two? As Morgan so eloquently commented - a lease purchase is a complete and utter waste of time! Rent until you can become a powerful buyer with an approved loan. That is your best option.
Morgan Hill,…, , Sandy Springs, GA
Tue May 31, 2011
Lease purchases are a complete and utter waste of money from the buyers prospective..