would buying a home in Cash? Assist in obtaining immigrate visa, when you already have the B1,B2 Visa status?

Asked by Hilary, Washington, DC Thu Jul 25, 2013

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Efraim Tessl…, Agent, New York, NY
Thu Jul 25, 2013
if you have a visa already it doesn't make a difference.
you can get citizenship buying real estate with the EB-5 program...very few projects are approved.
Essentially you invest $500'k cash and the return on your investment is the apartment...you can get citizenship this way in less than 6 months.
there are some shady EB-5 developers out there so be sure to work with a reputable on that has done buildings in the past
1 vote
Elena Ravich,…, Agent, New York City, NY
Sun Jul 28, 2013
Buying a home in the U.S. does not qualify you for an immigrant status but it can show ties and, perhaps an intention to make this country a home. You can check with an immigration attorney - I would be glad to share my contacts.
0 votes
Ella Chavers, Agent, New York, NY
Fri Jul 26, 2013
I have the names of lawyers who specialize in foreign buyer transactions, email me at

Ella Chavers
Douglas Elliman
Real Estate Sales Person
19195 Broadway
NY, NY 10023
0 votes
Andrew Watson, Agent, brooklyn, NY
Thu Jul 25, 2013
That may help to show you have establish interest, however immigration laws change very often consult with an attorney
0 votes
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Thu Jul 25, 2013
The question can better be answered by an attorney, consider a consultation...
0 votes
Yul Park, Agent, New York, NY
Thu Jul 25, 2013

You should definitely be asking an immigration lawyer about this. I became a citizen not too long ago and 1 thing is certain, immigration law is complicated and has many determining factors.

Yul Park
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Cell: 917-647-2717
RES Sales and Marketing Corp
320 West 37th Street, Suite 301
New York, NY 10018
Fax: 646-537-2626
Web: http://www.RESnewyork.com
0 votes
Anton Glotser, Agent, New York, NY
Thu Jul 25, 2013
there is a foreign investment program that you can do which helps in the process of getting a green card in case you want to immigrate to america. however im pretty sure that there are only certain projects that qualify for the program that you can invest in (buy).
if you have further questions you can contact me at:
0 votes
Thanks, please kindly list / give 5 example for entrepreneurship .
Flag Thu Jul 25, 2013
Parish Pradh…, Agent, New York, NY
Thu Jul 25, 2013

Are you referring to getting a Greencard? Buying a home does not guarantee you a residency even if you are on B1 or B2. You have to invest and get on the EB5 program but if your immigration application is pending through work then you may not be eligible.

I have worked with clients in this situation before with an immigration attorney. Feel free to email or call me if you need further assistance.

0 votes
Janet Nation,…, Agent, Baldwin, NY
Thu Jul 25, 2013
Isn't the question, if you buy a house for cash, can you get a visa....I don't think so.
0 votes
Richard Nyma…, Agent, NY,
Thu Jul 25, 2013
Yes it does help, however, it depends if the building is a coop, condo or single family. Some coops in NYC do not allow.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more