will you take $840K CASH on the barrel for this house? NO financing, points, fees or closing costs. (834 W Two Rivers Lane)

Asked by Andrea Robertson, Eagle, ID Sat Apr 9, 2011

Answers

7
John King, Agent, Helotes, TX
Sat Apr 9, 2011
Andrea,
All offers should be in writing, signed and accompanied by proof of funds and an earnest money check (or at least a copy of one).

That is the only way my sellers will consider an offer, and it is the only way I present an offer from my buyer clients. I would expect that most Brokers are the same. If an agent sends me an offer, without proof of funds or a pre-approval letter, the offer is considered incomplete, and the missing items will answer our questions.

If you're not sure how to go about this, engage a buyer's agent to prepare and present your offer. Make sure they represent YOU the buyer, and will represent your best interests.

Hope this helps!
Sandy Doerty, Agent, Meridian, ID
Wed Dec 28, 2011
Hi Andrea,
Did you end up buying in Eagle? We have a gorgeous listing in Two Rivers at 360 Rivermont, $895,000. Owner/builder and all the bells and whistles. Just thought I'd suggest it in case you are still looking for that perfect home! (98480006 MLS)
Happy New Year!
Sandy
208-761-1117
Fred Knehans, Agent, Eagle, ID
Sun Apr 10, 2011
Andrea,

The best answer to your questions is, if you are serious about making an offer on this property you need to contact an Idaho Licensed Real Estate Agent or a Idaho Realtor. In Idaho all real estate transaction to be valid must be in writing.

If you would like to contact me with the details on how you would like the offer written up and be willing to provide proof of funds to complete the transactions I would appreciated the opportunity to assist you.

Fred Knehans, Realtor
fred@loc8re.com
Sharon Walker, Agent, Boise, ID
Sun Apr 10, 2011
Andrea,
You should contact an agent to write up an offer for you on the property you are inquiring about for the amount that you are willing to pay with the terms and conditions that you want on the purchase and sale agreement. This agreement would then be presented to the listing agent to the sellers and they would determine whether they would be agreeable to the contract. If they weren't, they would have the opportunity to counter back to you concerning their terms and conditions. This could occur until a deal is agreed upon or one of the parties is no longer interested in continuing. You have not lost anything by having an offer written up and delivered to the other party and you just might wind up buying yourself a house. When you reached an agreement, on a cash sale, there would still be some closing costs but they would be minimal to both parties. There would be a need for a title search and proration of taxes and any other homeowner dues, etc. Then the recording fees and any other fees to clear title would be on the closing statement. There would be no need for an appraisal, points, appraisal fees, lender fees, etc. that you encounter on a sale done with financing. You can usually always close quicker than with a loan depending on inspection time or other things that you would want to do to make sure the property is what you are happy with. This home is in a lovely area of Eagle. I grew up on the acres that now consist of Two Rivers. It will always hold a special place in my heart.
If you need any further help, please let me know and we can make this happen.
Thank you for your time.
Sharon Walker
Dallas Texas, Agent, Dallas, TN
Sun Apr 10, 2011
Any property purchase you would have closing costs with title company Buyer and Seller have these fees.

If you pay cash there would be no points or financing involved
Jim Paulson, Agent, Boise, ID
Sun Apr 10, 2011
I would be glad to submit a written offer on your behalf on this one of a kind home. My company is an A+ Accredited company with the Better Business Bureau!

This a stunning waterfront home in an excellent gated community designed and built by the current owner. It has been on the market several times recently with a high price of $2,150,000 starting in 2008 and that listing expired at $1,395,000. It has been re-listed several times with another agent since and the current list price is $999,500. They paid over $200K just for the this waterfront lot.

They have some beautiful photos online, but I am surprised they don't have a real virtual tour or video to share. I would be glad to produce one if you haven't seen the home in person yet. The offer can be made subject to your inspection and approval of a home inspection.

Not paying financing costs really saves you (the buyer) money, not the seller. The benefit of cash though is that it is less risky to the seller since they don't have to worry about an appraisal or about a loan getting declined in the eleventh hour.

I use electronic signatures so I could email an offer over to you and have it presented today if you like!
Dan Tabit, Agent, Issaquah, WA
Sat Apr 9, 2011
Andrea,
No property was indicated, so no one knows what your making your offer on. Second, the only offer serious sellers consider or should respond to are those written and signed with all the contingencies spelled out.
If you don't already have an agent, find one. Tour the property in person before making your offer as once you see it, your impression may be different.
Your agent can provide research for you to make sure the house is worth at least what you intend to offer and make certain you are protected with the proper paperwork. I you don't have an agent, I can recommend someone, just let me know. Best of luck.