will parkrose be a good neighborhood to buy in for the future. In other words, would you consider it an up

Asked by Glen, Portland, OR Tue Mar 4, 2008

and coming neighborhood in Portland?

Answers

1
Dirk Knudsen…, Agent, Hillsboro, OR
Tue Mar 4, 2008
To be honest Glen.....probably not. The schools there have been in disarray for many years. The market is slow and the farther out you go the less likely a hot market will follow. Having said that it is all about getting a good value right now. You should be able to buy a home at the low end for comparable sales and should be able to see that you are getting a good value.

The Parkrose area is in a very good location relative to the Airport, 205, and I-84. Therefore it can be a good area to invest....just like any area. The 10 year picture for Portland is pretty Rosie! So if you buy a really well priced home the answer is go for it. It may be up and coming and it may not be. It really depends upon who you ask. But I would not give that area a premium or expect it to out perform areas closer in to the downtown core.

If you find a home you like than buy it after you check out comparables.

Best wishes to you in your Quest!

Dirk Knudsen
Re\max Hall fo Fame
#1 Rated Team in Oregon
503-799-8383
Web Reference:  http://www.nwhomecenter.com