why when I go to a realty the dont want to show me what i want to see the always find an excuse and show me house that i do not want to see?

Asked by Hemwattee, Queens, NY Thu Oct 25, 2012

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3095151849-Single-Family-Home…

Answers

15
Ira Freireich, Agent, Malverne, NY
Thu Oct 25, 2012
Hemwattee,
The majority of agents represent the seller, not you. Many times the agent wants to show you homes they have listed first, then homes that are listed with other agents in their agency. They may not have homes that meet your criteria and are showing you homes that they think come close.

There have been suggestions here, to look for a buyer agent. There is a very good web sit that describes the home buying process from the buyer's point of view from the National Association of Exclusive Buyer Agents (NAEBA). You might want to google that.

An Exclusive Buyer Agent works for a real estate firm that does not represent sellers. Hope this helps.

If you have any questions call Home Buyers Helpline.
Jolie Muss, , Upper West Side, New York, NY
Fri Oct 26, 2012
Other real estate pros here have given you excellent answers! I also agree that if you are not qualified to buy- as in pre approved or having the cash- most agents will not show you homes at all. Also often the best time to show or see a home is at an open house as many listing agents are not as cooperative with other agents as they are supposed to be. (as in making appointments etc.)
Jolie Muss
Licensed Real Estate Broker & Brokerage
"The Upper West Side's Buyer Broker"
331 Columbus Avenue, New York, NY 10023
Office: 212 721-3301 Email: broker@joliemuss.com
Website: http://joliemuss.com Trulia: http://www.trulia.com/profile/jolie
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/jojomuss LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/joliemuss
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Thu Oct 25, 2012
Are you looking at properties that meet your budget,and do you have a mortgage pre-approval letter that determined your price range, if not consoder it your first step...if your agent isn't satisfactory to you, and if you don't have a signed agreement consider another....
missg822, Home Buyer, Queens, NY
Sun Mar 8, 2015
Yes I'll been having that problem with the agent's so it turns you off but they are holding the homes you want an can afford. What's wrong with this picture.
De Vonte Wil…, Agent, East Point, GA
Sun Oct 28, 2012
Good evening my friend. I agree 100% with Jolie. First things first, try to find an agent that suits you. Interview a few, and you will find the right one. Which one listens the most? Which agent is truly concerned about your needs? Making a move, in and of itself is stressful and time consuming. Having the right team behind you will help alleviate a lot of potential headaches. From here, you will discuss pre-approval, your needs, etc. Then the agent should begin showing you homes that conform to your needs, and likes.

I hope this answered your question! If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me by the ways below.

Wishing you all the best,

De Vonte Williamson
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Proudly Serving Long Island
Coldwell Banker Residential
Direct:(631)638-6193
Mobile: (631)384-3695
http://cbmoves.com/DeVonte.Williamson
DeVonte.Williamson@cbmoves.com
"I Stand Behind Getting You Results!
Victoria Pop…, Agent, Bayside, NY
Thu Oct 25, 2012
The address of the house you want to see is not disclosed, and the property is not on Multiple Listings. Any agent would have trouble locating it.
You (or your agent) should call Joseph, the listing broker that entered the information on Trulia 44 days ago...
Elizabeth C…, Agent, Jackson Heights, NY
Thu Oct 25, 2012
Hemwattee,

If yu are talking about the Homes that you are finding on Trulia, Zillow and the other search engines, it is USUALLY, because the House you wanted to see SOLD, is in contract, or has an accepted offer with no more shows. Trulia, Zillow are good sites, however they usually can't keep up with the sale volume in Queens. The best thing to do, is work with an agent so that you don;t miss out.

Take Care
Elizabeth Caruso, Realtor
917-662-1846
Thomas Brady, Agent, Plainview, NY
Thu Oct 25, 2012
Hello Hemwattee, my answer is that you are allowing them to. Get a new realtor. Ideally you should get a buyer's agent that will be working for you but paid by the seller. Good luck and don't let yourself be pushed around; you are the boss!
Tom Brady SFR, e-PRO, SRES, GREEN, BPOR
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Notary Public, Retired N.Y.P.D. Lt.
631-682-8660
Tom@BradyFamilyRealty.com
http://www.BradyFamilyRealty.com
#1 Listing & Selling Brokerage in NY
Charles Rutenberg Realty, Inc.
255 Executive Drive - Suite 104
Plainview, New York 11803
Anu Dutta, Agent, Forest Hills, NY
Thu Oct 25, 2012
Maybe check the online reviews and ask your friends for some referral before you start looking with an agent. I am sure you can find some reviews in this site also about the agents in any particular neighborhood you're looking at.
Keith Simon, Agent, New York, NY
Thu Oct 25, 2012
Hemwattee, I cannot answer that question for you because each realtor operates on their own or how their office directs them to operate. As I see it, they should taylor their plan to satisfy you based on what you are looking for. It will be an honor working with you to put a plan into action so that I can find the home you want and not the one I want for you. Thanks for sharing your experience but let me assure you, no all realtors work that way.
Jacques Ambr…, Agent, Forest Hills, NY
Thu Oct 25, 2012
Either you have chosen the wrong Realtor to work with, or perhaps the houses you have in mind are out of your price range. Consider using a buyer's agent so that someone you can trust will guide you
Roy Bracey, Agent, ST. ALBANS, NY
Thu Oct 25, 2012
Hemwattee,

You should feel free to shop around for a broker that is working best for you. You should have a criteria for your broker the same as you should have a criteria for your home. A quality broker will guide you through this process. However, remember, online home advertisements are all about timing. By the time you see them, so has 100's of other interested buyers. If you have any other questions or interest in St. Albans, feel free to contact me:

Roy Bracey
718-454-9000
Gittens Quick Sale Realty, inc.
St. Albans, NY 11412
Keith & Kins…, Agent, Verona, WI
Thu Oct 25, 2012
If you are currently working with an agent who's not helping you through the home buying process the way that you prefer, fire them and hire a different agent. If you are just going around to listing agents to see properties, and they don't want to show you other properties that you want to see, hire a buyers agent who works for you. My blog link below talks about picking the right agent, and questions you should ask when interviewing an agent. I hope you find it helpful.
Yael Shanee, Agent, Kew Garden, NY
Thu Oct 25, 2012

It would be my pleasure to assist you with your real estate needs, guide you all the way through the process to make it smooth and effortless.
I can offer you wealth of knowledge, dedication and the latest technology and resources with the most updated information on today's market to help you find your Dream Home!

Feel free to contact me -

Yael Shanee
Exit Kingdom Realty
917-705-3717
Scott Godzyk, Agent, Manchester, NH
Thu Oct 25, 2012
You can cure that by hiring a buyer broker who will guide you through the buying process including helping you get pre-qualified first and then searching for homes that meet your wishes and price range.