why the cover up??

Asked by Rachael, River Pines, CA Tue Jun 12, 2012

I live in river pines. no one is mentioning the house's black mold issue. it floods due to lack of proper drainage. the owner made things look pretty to cover it up. looks are deceiving. buyer beware.

Answers

2
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Wed Jun 13, 2012
Is it possible that the problem(s) could have been corrected and the damages remediated?
I seriously doubt it. The nieghbor I spoke to has lived in their home next door for 15 years. They personally knew the last renter and they have personal knowledge of what's been/not been done. I realise the house is selling dirt cheap, but just don't think it's right for the realtors showing the home to not mention the mold. Someone or someone's children or elderly person could get really sick.
Flag Fri Jun 15, 2012
John Arendsen, Agent, Leucadia, CA
Wed Jun 13, 2012
It's all about disclosure or lack thereof. It's best for any potential buyer to have a thorough inspection by an experienced home inspector. If I knew one of my neighbors was covering something that serious up I wouldn't hesitate to be the whistle blower.