why is the majority of the info wrong about 5737 Sherman Ave? IE, taxes are over 4k, crawl not basement, no family and living room- just one, etc...

Asked by G, Westmont, IL Sun Jul 1, 2012

Answers

1
Lester S. , Agent,
Sun Jul 1, 2012
Hi G, the further you get from the MLS, the more chance for incorrect or not up to date info you may find. No substitute for getting info from your trusted Broker working for you. I constantly get a variety of similar questions about info someone finds on line and my first question is always, "where are you getting the info?" Most publicly accessed sites are a "means to an end".....they provide info to attract you, but make money by selling ads or info they collect from you as a sales "lead". There is no getting around this fact, they can't operate for free. The MLS on the other hand is designed for sharing info between Brokers. It's similar to getting legal or medical advice from the web vs going to see a lawyer or doctor. You know the old saying, "I found it on line so it must be true!", right? Even the MLS is subject to data entry errors by a Broker, listing office, secretary, etc., but at least you have someone woking for you that can help you figure it out. I know it can be frustrating, but I hope that this at least helps you understand what you are dealing with....quite frankly I have no idea how they sometimes get this stuff as wrong as they do?!