why is the 400 Massachusetts ave building so much cheaper than 475 k street ?

Asked by lillyh317, Washington, DC Tue Oct 29, 2013

Answers

3
Alia Khan, Agent, WASHINGTON, DC
Mon Nov 11, 2013
I think Michael hit the nail right on the head from the numbers perspective. But it's also important to keep in mind that while 400 Mass is closer to the red line and all that Chinatown has to offer, it doesn't actually have much retail in or immediately surrounding the building itself (there's a CVS in the building, and a pizza place and one other restaurant across the street). 475 K is a part of a complex that includes a huge new Safeway, Ace hardware store, Vida fitness, and a number of great restaurants. So while price is of course an important consideration, I always encourage my clients to also look at the different lifestyle elements that each property offers in order to figure out which one would be the best fit for you.

If you're interested in either of these buildings or any others, I'd be happy to take you out for a look. Also, I used to live at City Vista (the complex that includes 475 K) so am happy to give you my input there as well. Feel free to give me a call at 202.957.2542 or shoot me an email at Alia@rlathome.com if I can be of any help!

Cheers,
Alia

--
Alia J. Khan
Realtor + Recovering Attorney
Real Living | At Home
Dining Editor | Bisnow Media
http://www.UrbanLivingbyAlia.com
202.957.2542
alia@rlathome.com
Ivan Katz, Agent, Fairfax, VA
Thu Oct 31, 2013
Real Estate is hyper-local, and part of that reason is not just Location, Location, Location, but also it comes from inside. This is why you have to look at many different listings with your Realtor. Buying a home is a very personal decision which involves lots of subjective criteria. When you find the home you want, you will know! I sold a condo at 400 Mass and it is a very nice building that is pet friendly. It also has a great rooftop pool and outdoor space!

Ivan Katz
Fairfax Realty
INKrealtor@gmail.com
703-626-2383
Michael Cunn…, Agent, Chapel Hill, NC
Tue Oct 29, 2013
It depends on the unit Lilly.

400 Mass Ave #1201 is a 1 bed 1 bath listed at $475,000.
475 K St #522 is a 1 bed 1 bath listed at $439,750.

In the past year, 15 units have sold at 400 Mass with the average being a 1 bed for $485,591. At 475 K, the average unit (out of their 15) is a 2 bed 2 bath for $490,557, so actually you get more on K than Mass.

Are you interested in either of this buildings? If so, I'd love to get you in the door!