why is real estate so expensive in your area?

Asked by Eleanorcarroll30, Truckee, CA Sun Oct 7, 2012

It seems overly expensive, especially the undevloped land/lots.

Answers

3
Debbie, , Salt Lake City, UT
Sun Aug 4, 2013
I think the prices could reflect the homeowners ideas that this place is a vacation and tourist attraction. I live in Utah now, but I grew up in this area. It was pretty then too, but now it has been developed into a vacation and tourist destination, because of the recreational opportunities, the location, which is close To Reno NV, and some great winter skiing resorts. The lakes that surround this area are the most beautiful you ever would want to see and enjoy. Quincy which is only about 23 to 25 miles to the south, is a cute little mountain town that has Shopping, as well as Portola, which is in the other direction.

These considerations are probably what the homeowners have in mind, when setting a selling price on their homes. Sometimes homeowners have a hard time really seeing the market values on their homes, for what they really are.
Ron Thomas, Agent, Fresno, CA
Tue Jun 25, 2013
If they thought it was expensive A YEAR AGO;
they should see me now!
George, Home Buyer, Sacramento County, CA
Tue Jun 25, 2013
I ditto this question. There are homes in your area with listing prices over 1 million that have market values of $400,000 to $700,000. The only way through an escrow would be with an ignorant cash buyer. Makes no sense. In the meantime, homes just sit on the market and don't sell. Who does that serve?