Krys, Home Buyer in 87010

why is it that i have emailed 3 separate real estate agents, 2 of them off their own websites and one from here, and have not heard anything from?

Asked by Krys, 87010 Wed Feb 9, 2011

any of them? I would think in a market like this, and hearing how all the real estate agents are starving, that they would focus on customer service. Apparently not.

Answers

14
Brandon DENT, , Albuquerque, NM
Wed Feb 9, 2011
It's because starvation affects vision... Try calling!
Oggi Kashi, Agent, San Francisco, CA
Wed Feb 9, 2011
Krys

I may have an explanation for you. There are many great realtors out there but online contact has become difficult for both agents and clients. Some realtors, depending on how they run their business, their type of market and how they conduct their marketing, generate too many inquiries that are bogus and many times are just scams. After a while, the realtor stops responding to some inquiries

Some realtors are out of the business but their sites or links through Trulia and other 3rd party sites are still active. Then there are agents who just can't be bothered.

Most serious buyers already have an agent representing them and most, if not all, of their inquiries are conducted by the agent. Your best bet is to pick up the phone and make an old fashioned phone call.

Oggi Kashi
Paragon Real Estate Group
Web Reference:  http://www.oggikashi.com/
Carol Hawkins, Agent, Santa Fe, NM
Wed Feb 9, 2011
Hi Krys, my first sale this year came from a Trulia email inquiry. I notice you're in Cerrillos NM. Please let me know if I can be of help...just curious, when did you send out your email questions and maybe they are in a queue at the companies website.
Thanks!
Carol Hawkins
Associate Broker, ABR,CRS,PREVIEWS
Coldwell Banker Trails West Realty, ltd
505.988.7285 x337 office
Santa Fe, NM
505.660.6008 cell
Clark Realty, , Santa Fe, NM
Wed Feb 9, 2011
What are your questions?

Joan Clark
Owner/Broker
Clark Realty
Santa Fe, NM
505 982-5263
Spence Ralst…, Agent, Santa Fe, NM
Wed Feb 9, 2011
P.S. I just put a house under contract in the Cerrillos Hills and am working on the well/water issues between the seller and buyer- as I've done in the past on all my rural properties. What would you like to know?
Spence Ralst…, Agent, Santa Fe, NM
Wed Feb 9, 2011
Krys - As you can see there are several of us Realtors who care enough about customer service to promise you they are, and will be, responsive to you. Like you, I live in a rural area south of Santa Fe and do not have cell phone service at my house so the internet is my primary means of communication with the "outside" world when I'm not in my in-town office; hence, I appreciate your situation.
By the way, I use La Canada Wireless Association (LCWA) as my ISP and am very happy with the high-speed connectivity. They provide coverage in your area so you might consider them (assuming you re not using them already).
Shirley Pard…, , Miami Beach, FL
Wed Feb 9, 2011
You didn't email me!
spardon@onesothebysrealty.com
Web Reference:  http://www.shirleypardon.com
Rose Lopez-B…, Agent, Santa Fe, NM
Wed Feb 9, 2011
Hi Krys, This is horrible in our industry. If you need a Santa Fe realtor who will email/call you, let me know. I am happy to assist you with your real estate needs. I grew up in Santa Fe and I know the real estate market!
Sandra Wrigh…, , New Mexico
Wed Feb 9, 2011
I'm not starving, but I would certainly answer your email or phone call. spage@prusantafe.com. Can't answer for the two you tried to contact, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Sandra
Frank O'Maho…, Agent, Niwot, CO
Wed Feb 9, 2011
No excuse. Some realtors are better than others at responding. If you want a Santa Fe realtor, call me now at 505.699.3985 I run my own real estate firm, Evolve Real Estate, and I only work with buyers - not sellers - so I really, really care about getting back to people who want to use my services!
Web Reference:  http://www.evolvesantafe.com
Krys, Home Buyer, 87010
Wed Feb 9, 2011
thank you for the answers. as someone who develops websites, the first thing i tell clients, is that if you are not prepared to respond to requests from the site within 1-24 hours, don't bother putting the site up... I know people are busy, and life is moving way too fast these days, but that's what people expect now. Smart phones, even autoresponders make it at least possible to just acknowledge an email with a promise of more to come. If you are marketing homes online, then the disservice is to the seller who is losing potential buyers by these agents that ignore email and website requests. Just throwing that out there....
I live in a very rural area with lousy cell service from my home ( I get slower, but decent high speed internet access - go figure) and look to the internet to find agents that specialize in the areas i'm contemplating a move to. I thought I had found the best folks to help me make a decision, those that live in the area and are familiar with complex water issues, etc... but got no response, which has now turned me off.

I appreciate you folks... you have knowledge and experience in an area that I don't and I have worked with an agent in the past who was absolutely wonderful... So just a head's up :)
Joan Congilo…, Agent, Freehold, NJ
Wed Feb 9, 2011
That is very unusual not to get any responses. I'd suggest you resend all 3 or just call them.I'm sure they will be happy to assist you. It could be the e-mails did not go through for some reason.
Web Reference:  http://www.joancongilose.com
Phil Rotondo, Agent, Melbourne, FL
Wed Feb 9, 2011
It is shocking. All I can do is assist. If you need a Real Estate agent to call or e-mail you for the Sante Fe area just let me know.
Web Reference:  http://www.321property.com
Scott Godzyk, Agent, Manchester, NH
Wed Feb 9, 2011
Krys it is hard to guess why anyone would not email you back. The Real Estate market is not as bad as you think, the experienced agents are very busy, for me sales are back to the 2005 levels. There is a great amount of potential buyers but fewer houses on the market.

If you used a link from Trulia unfortanately alot of potential buyers get lumped in with the shear amount of spam that comes through the lead button for agents and may get lost in it.

To email from someones site though, there is no excuse not to return an email. I would just make sure you put a topic in your email so agents know you are a serious buyer and not a spammer.