why do you here at Trulia have no pride in what you advertise and continue advertising homes that are only for sale?

Asked by Steven, Bellflower, CA Mon Aug 5, 2013

Im a local realtor tired of my listings been advertise for rent on Trulia when this home s are for sale only please call me at 562-861-0923

Answers

3
Joe & Linda…, Agent, Seal Beach, CA
Tue Aug 6, 2013
Hi Steven,

Alan's response is spot on. We also have had our some our listings posted up as rentals on Trulia by individuals we are not associated with. The best way is to flag the rental listing and let Trulia know that you are the listing agent and it is NOT for rent. This has worked for us in the past. We share your frustration but since there is no way to monitor these occurrences, we have to rely the "flagging" protocol that Trulia put in place.

-Joe & Linda Sopo
Alan May, Agent, Evanston, IL
Tue Aug 6, 2013
Steven - Trulia is not the one advertising your home. Individuals can place their own rental listings on Trulia, and clearly some 'scammer' has listed your home as a rental.

Do everyone a favour and FLAG the listing as suspected fraud, and Trulia will investigate and remove the listing, if it proves (as it will) to be fraudulent).

Trulia can't possibly monitor each and every listing posted by individuals, and need your help in flagging those listings.
Lee Ann Warn…, Agent, Long Beach, CA
Mon Aug 5, 2013
I just received a call this morning regarding a 'rental' ad the caller had viewed on Trulia. When I dug deeper to check it out for them I discovered it was FOR SALE only. No lease/rent terms available. I'm curious, too, why they land under a FOR RENT heading??

Trulia, do you have an answer for us?