why aren't the ads posted : "short sale," if that's what they are, so we know there will be a long waiting period after the?

Asked by Heartless1954, Tonopah, AZ Wed Sep 14, 2011

seller's acceptance ? I keep finding homes that are in short sale... why can't they be posted as such so I can stop wasting both my time and my agent's...I have neither the time nor the patience to wait weeks/months or maybe even a year.. so I just would not even view those.

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:

Answers

5
Steffy Hrist…, Agent, Scottsdale, AZ
Thu Sep 15, 2011
BEST ANSWER
The MLS portal will provide you the most up-to-date status on listings.
On Active listings there is a field which specifies the type of listing it is - short sale, REO, traditional etc.
This is a wonderful feature of the Arizona Regional MLS, and if you are not using it, you may consider looking into it.

Good luck,
Steffy Hristova, Realtor, MBA, SFR
HomeSmart Real Estate
Web Reference:  http://www.talktosteffy.com
0 votes
Brad Bergami…, Agent, Prescott, AZ
Mon Sep 19, 2011
Why not look at all of it with a Local Realtor that has a way to filter this out.. it will save you time and money..
0 votes
Jerry Cecil, Agent, Prescott, AZ
Thu Sep 15, 2011
I''ll try not to repeat what was already said. There is some good advice below. I will add that all short sales do not result in long waiting periods. It really depends upon the situation. Some short sales move through quickly and can result in getting a 20% discount on market value.
0 votes
Doug McVinua, Agent, Gilbert, AZ
Thu Sep 15, 2011
Ask your agent to change the search in your Portal to eliminate all Short Sales and that should fix 95% of them. The other 5% will still have to be filtered out by you or your agent.

Arizona Homes for Sale by a Guy from Iowa
Web Reference:  http://www.McVinua.com
0 votes
Christopher…, Agent, Methuen, MA
Wed Sep 14, 2011
Some websites don't let you screen out listing for short sales, but your agent should be able to do this easily for you with a custom MLS search. I have colleagues down in your area. Check out this website and you can contact any of them for help. http://www.scottsdaleparadise.com/ Short sales can take a long time, but sometimes they can close in a couple of months. It just depends on the bank holding the mortgage and how good the short sale listing agent or negotiator are at doing their jobs.
0 votes
Search Advice
Search
Ask our community a question
Home Buying in Tonopah Zip Codes

Email me when…

Learn more