why aren't people looking at my house??

Asked by maryapullm, Cottekill, NY Tue Sep 18, 2012

It's listed below market value. Had open house, only 2 people came. Made flyer with pictures-sent to everyone in email and posted facebook and craigs list

Answers

2
Anna M Brocco’s answer
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Tue Sep 18, 2012
If your property is listed with an agent ask him/her the question; if it's not consider the idea......is your price based on recently sold similar properties in the immediate, does the marketing maximize your exposure....
Voices Member, , New Paltz, Ny 12561
Tue Sep 18, 2012
The first thing I suspect is not enough exposure to the people who might be interested in purchasing your property. I'm also going to guess that it may be because you are trying to sell it on your own without the help of a realtor. There are websites that are only available to realtors, specifically realtor.com, which is still the number one website, that serious buyers look to and see the virtual tours and photos either ruling in or out the possibility of purchasing your home. After they have seen a house that may interest them they usually call a realtor who would prequalify them for the amount of the asking price.

Realtors also have reports to show where the buyer for your type of home may come from and we gear our advertising to them .Some of us are marketing specialists and we use several types of media to attract buyers. Over time realtors have established relationships with other realtors and enjoy a referral based system which may often bring a buyer from a longer distance. Some of us also have ties to a relocation service which may also produce a buyer for your home.

You have said that it is listed below market value. Who has determined this? Have you looked at sales of similar houses that have recently sold? Another possibility is that you contact an appraiser who will determine the value based on sales. If you may be considering listing your property the agent will supply you with a comparative market analysis taking into consideration the properties that have failed to sell and those which are your competition.

Several other factors are involved in the sale of your home including location, interior and exterior appeal, affordability, price, competition, market conditions, time of the year and other factors. If there are flaws that are incurable price always makes the difference in the sale. The home needs to be priced to sell for today's market.

If you have any specific questions I am available for a consultation, providing you are not currently listed with a realtor

My office is open from 9AM to 8PM daily. Call 845-255-0019
Barbara Korabel
Broker/owner Four Seasons Realty Group