who is responsible to tell me if there is an HOA on the house I am buying from the real estate co and it is a foreclosed hud house RE or title co?

Asked by billie, Amherst, OH Fri Aug 30, 2013

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Nancy Villas…, Agent, Ventura, CA
Tue Oct 29, 2013
HOA's are normally an item that would be disclosed on MLS listing. This is an item that both your title and escrow company can assist in confirming for you.
0 votes
Ritchy Haynes, , Denver, CO
Wed Oct 16, 2013
This should be fully disclosed with the listing but always double check with title and your agent! In most cases your lender could tell you as well!
0 votes
Cindy Davis, Agent, San Diego, CA
Fri Aug 30, 2013
There are a number of ways this can be answered. Should you be told by escrow or the seller's representative? Sure.

It is however always YOUR responsibility to investigate everything about the home you are buying. That's what buyers generally have buyer's agents to help make sure that nothing falls through the cracks.

Good luck to you.
0 votes
Tanya Ess-Yo…, Agent, Marietta, GA
Fri Aug 30, 2013
HUD should be responsible as they are the ones responsible for providing you and your agent with a closing letter from the HOA.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Home Buying in Whittier Zip Codes

Email me when…

Learn more