who is resonsible for cleaning the property?

Asked by Mack, Las Vegas, NV Mon Nov 16, 2009

Answers

5
Russ Angely’s answer
Russ Angely, , Lansdale, PA
Tue Nov 17, 2009
Hello Mack --

The seller is generally responsible for removing all personal items and having the property clear of clutter and broom swept prior to the buyers settlement walk through conducted the day before or on the day of settlement. There are instances however where the seller and buyer agree in writing that the property will be professionally cleaned (or prepared in some other manner) prior to settlement. This cost can be paid for by either the buyer or seller; or can be agreed as a shared expenditure.

Russ Angely
Better Homes Realty
215-802-2235
The Krol Gro…, Agent, Naples, FL
Mon Nov 16, 2009
The home should be in broom clean condition and you should do a walk through before closing to make sure no junk is left behind. Since you are buying a used home, you would be responsible for detail cleaning.
Web Reference:  http://www.johnkrol.net
Cheryl R. Su…, , Schwenksville, PA
Mon Nov 16, 2009
Hi Mack, that would be the seller. However, I have seen some sellers mad about leaving and leave it pretty messy. If the buyers really want to complain, some sellers will offer a cleaning credit of a few hundred dollars to Merry Maids, or some reputable cleaning company. Is this for you or for someone else?

Cheryl Supplee
Coldwell Banker Preferred
716 Dekalb Pike
Blue Bell, Pa 19422
(610) 812-6575
csupplee@cbpref.com
Kimberly Col…, Agent, Limerick, PA
Mon Nov 16, 2009
By Pennsylvania Law the house only has to be broom swept. But each state is different. It's best to check with your listing agent!
I always advice my clients to leave the house the way they would like it left for them. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
I hope this helps! Feel free to contact me directly if you have any other questions.

Kimberly Collins
Realtor, ABR

Keller Williams Realty Group
542 N Lewis Road
Limerick , PA 19468
(610) 792-5900 ext. 8177
Direct: 484-762-8177
Email: kimberly.collins@kw.com
Visit Us @ http://www.kimberlycollinsrealtor.com
Terrence Cha…, Home Owner, Allentown, PA
Mon Nov 16, 2009
Which property? What are the circumstances? If you are talking about the sale of a home, then it is up to the seller to ensure that everything is removed which does not belong and that the interior of the home is broom swept prior to settlement.

Hope that helps,

Terrence Charest, e-Pro