who do I contact to confirm their are not other out standing judgements on a prpperty?

Asked by Lew Korn, Springfield, PA Sat Nov 15, 2008

Answers

6
Beth Dorman, Agent, Rehoboth Beach, DE
Sat Nov 15, 2008
Lew, you would need to have a title company or attorney do a lien search on the property.
Sylvia Barry,…, Agent, Marin, CA
Sat Nov 15, 2008
You can do all the above (or below) to research and make sure there are no outstanding judgements on a property. However, the best thing for you to do before you buy the house is to get titlle insurance just in case there is a last minute judgement recorded against the property. Note that Title companies will not insure titles for a house you bought at auction.

So, I would advise that unless you are a very, very savvy buyer, I will extremely careful when I go to an auction to buy a house.

Sylvia Barry
Marin Realtor
Tom Omalley, , Sarasota, FL
Sat Nov 15, 2008
this is simple and most --------- can't answer. ALL judgements are recorded in public records and are easily searchable through the clerk of courts office in the county, or their web site.
Daniel, , Baton Rouge, LA
Sat Nov 15, 2008
If the house is listed by an agent, there is probably a property disclosure which answers that question.

contact the listing agent
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Sat Nov 15, 2008
Lew,
As previously stated, this is the job of a title company. Your real estate agent will be able to provive you with some possibilities to choose from
Shonda Campa…, Agent, Jacksonville, FL
Sat Nov 15, 2008
The best thing to do would be to use a Real Estate Agent. It's a free service for you and they will be able to look up this for you as well as answer any questions you may have.