who do I complain to regarding an unethical real estate agent in washington state?

Asked by Donna St.pierre, Bremerton, WA Fri Jul 12, 2013

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Heath Coker, Agent, Falmouth, MA
Mon Jul 15, 2013
I would look up the licensing board in that state.

(Please note: when you choose an answer as a Best Answer, or at least give a thumbs up, it helps those who answer questions here.)
0 votes
Ron Berquist, Agent, Shrewsbury, MA
Fri Jul 12, 2013
The Best thing to do is to talk to the Broker /owner of the firm. Unless the person you wish to complain about is the Broker/Owner. I would talk to them even if they are the broker owner. If you don't get any satisfaction. Go the the licensing division in your state and speak with them.
Good Luck
0 votes
Mike Boutin, Agent, Braintree, MA
Fri Jul 12, 2013
Definitely talk with their broker, provided of course, that the realtor you were dealing with is not also the broker of record! If you don't get any satisfaction that way, you could go to the State or local Realtors Association, the State Licensing Board, or the Atty General.
0 votes
Josh Barnett, Agent, Chandler, OK
Fri Jul 12, 2013
To their Broker, just call their office and go over your concerns.
0 votes
Suzanne MacD…, Agent, Morristown, NJ
Fri Jul 12, 2013
First, talk to their broker. The owner/manager of the real estate company they work for. That should do the trick and if not, find out what agency licenses real estate agents in Washington and talk to them. If this is related to your prior post, however, your problem may not be so much the realtor as the owner. They may be trying to avoid fines and penalties for doing work without a permit. Talk to the broker, you may be able to work with the local municipal authority to waive fines in exchange for just getting the property sold and avoid urban blight.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Home Buying in Canton Zip Codes

Email me when…

Learn more