Jun, Home Buyer in 27265

which part of greensboro or high point to buy house that will have the best appreciation?thanks

Asked by Jun, 27265 Tue Aug 5, 2008

as title.thanks a lot.

Answers

5
J, Agent, Greensboro, NC
Wed Aug 6, 2008
All great answers here. The NW side of Greensboro offers an abundance of old and new Townhouses, Condos and Single Family-Stand alone homes that range in price from $70,000-$500,000. There are many parks surrounding the area that offer walking trails, bicycle trails, tennis, fishing, kyaking, canoeing, hiking, boating and other activities.

Downtown Greensboro offers an array of trending restaurants, shopping and wonderful entertainment. The newer condos can range from $200,000 and up.

Irving Park and Fisher Park are great as well and offer beautiful older homes with lots of charm and character.

There's much more to consider in Greensboro, however, I'm running out of space, lol.

If you would like additional information or chat about some of what Greensboro has to offer, please let me know. Moving can be stressful and emotional and I would invite the opportunity to assist you every step of the way should you decide to live in Greensboro.

Email: jennelson@kw.com
Arleen McGinn…, , Greensboro, NC
Tue Aug 5, 2008
It really depends on the type of housing your looking for i.e. single family, townhomes, etc. Appreciation, for the purpose of a good investment is really measured neighborhood by neighborhood. In difference areas of each city, a particular neighborhoood may appreciate greater than another neighborhood in the same area. Amentities can also make a difference. If you're interested in pursuing the purchase of a property, please contact Team Arleen REALTORS with Keller Williams Realty at 336-885-6500 and one of our Buyer's Representations will be glad to assist you in researching what you're looking for and the best neighborhoods to invest in.
Web Reference:  http://www.teamarleen.com
Len Montgome…, Agent, High Point, NC
Tue Aug 5, 2008
Hi Jun,

I have found that it is more than just an area, it is the neighborhod itself. I focus my business in these areas and I can tell you, you have to be a little more diligent than just North, South, East or West. Many things impact appreciation values including commercial growth. And just about anything can be good or bad, depending on how much of anything is factored in.

I know that sounds like a bunch of mumbo jumbo maybe, but the truth is, the best way to advise you on choosing an area is to have a full consultation with a REALTOR. A true consultant will know what questions to ask of you to help advise your next big purchase.

I would be happy to meet with you at your convenience to discuss you future plans, no strings attached! Call me to set something up anytime: 812-8128
Web Reference:  http://www.LenMontgomery.com
Andrew J. Co…, , Greensboro, NC
Tue Aug 5, 2008
Greensboro has enjoyed fairly steady, although completely unspectacular appreciation over the last decade. In my opinion, the next area for growth is the northeastern section of Guilford County. The County recently completed a $6 million recreational park. With Burlington pushing from the east, the area will be one of the next "hotly" developed areas.

The best way to ensure good appreciation is to find a property in a desirable neighborhood that is being sold below market price, for whatever reason. With the aging population, this opportunity may come as one that has not been updated in 2-3 decades. Good luck!.
Larry Story, Agent, Greensboro, NC
Tue Aug 5, 2008
Jun,
Right now I would say as far as Greensboro it depends on your price range. One of the best neighborhoods is Irving Park, Sunset Park is excellent also. These are older established neighborhoods.
Now newer neighborhoods I would go north of Greensboro. You don't need to go farther then Oak Ridge or Summerfield.
Now in High Point the same questions apply. It is the question of your needs and price range.
I would be happy to help you with the choices if you like. Overall the Triad area has a 2 to 3 % appreciation rate.
If you like I can give you a web account that will enable you to search the triad area MLS yourself. Check out the blog link below and you can read about some of the neighborhoods.

Hope this helps,