Ahtone, Home Buyer in Elmhurst, IL

which goverment website or resources or addreses i can go, check or ask about the zoning, title issues,

Asked by Ahtone, Elmhurst, IL Sun Aug 3, 2008

housing conditions issues (any reported damages, any violations, etc). It is in NY, Queens, elmhurst. it is about 107 years old and i want to know a house over 100 years old has any legal issues (i mean by law it has to be restructured etc?).

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


C Tann-Starr, , 11354
Thu Aug 7, 2008
Good morning. NYC.gov is the official New York City government website. All of the City Agencies are there. It has a search feature, so you may find it very useful. Use the drop down table on the left and start with the buildings department. Call them. They may be able to answer your specific questions and or point in you in the right direction regarding what you need. Regards, Carolyn.

Web Reference:  http://www.NYC.gov
0 votes
Ahtone, Home Buyer, Elmhurst, IL
Mon Aug 4, 2008
Thank you Gail. What exactly means " most older homes are granfathered in terms of building codes"
0 votes
Gail Gladsto…, Agent, 11743, NY
Sun Aug 3, 2008
A title company can check if title is clear. If you are purchasing this property, your attorney will hire a title company to produce clear title before the transaction can close. If there are issues, your attorney will work on getting them cleared or you will not be able to close.

Zoning is public records...contact the local town clerk office for a number to call.

Before you sign a contract, have an engineer inspect the house. You would not buy a used car without having a mechanic look at it.

Most older homes are "grandfathered" in terms of building codes.

If you need recommendations for a real estate attorney, mortgage broker or home inspector, please contact me off line at Gail@GailGladstone.com
Web Reference:  http://GailGladstone.com
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more