Home Buying in New Jersey>Question Details

Jcresi, Home Buyer in New Jersey

which are the best areas in NJ to buy a single family home (or a townhouse / condo) with the least commute

Asked by Jcresi, New Jersey Wed Jun 3, 2009

time to NYC and also has a good school sytem ? I am seeking for a home in the price range of 300,000 - 500,000. I also am looking for an area with low crime rate, high safety & Indian Community.

Answers

5
So many options :) Well if you want accessibility to NYC then why not look directly accross the Hudson? You have both Bergen and Hudson Counties to choose from. There is a wide choice of commuting options, like car, bus, ferry or lightrail and many housing options in your price range. I can send you school and neighborhood reports if you're interested. Let me know if I can be of assistance.
Hi Jcresi !

There are a number of communities to choose from. Much depends on your wants and taste in homes. My office is in Livingston, and we have a nice selection of homes that would fit your price range, and criteria. We have excellent schools and a commuter bus that is very convenient (50 min ride). Many commuters also take the 20 min. drive to Harrison and hop on a Path train. There are several other surrounding towns that might interest you, as well, and I would be delighted to discuss them in further detail.

Please feel free to reach out to me at your convenience.
I look forward to hearing from you.

By the way...........my company is having a company-wide First Time Home Buyers seminar on Tuesday, June 23 at 7:30pm. The agenda will cover all aspects of home buying from start to finish! There are various locations to choose from. If you are interested, please call me to reserve a seat for you (it's free, too!).

Debbie Rose
Prudential NJ Properties
email: Debbie.Rose@PrudentialNewJersey.com
office (973) 882-6363 x 122
cell (973) 715-3131
Dear Jcresi:
Have you considered Morris County? Very diverse, terrific school system, easy commute w/in 45 minutes to NYC by direct trains and buses.
Because of Fair Housing Laws, I cannot tell you exact demographics, however, look at some of the Morris County demographic breakdowns on the .gov sites of Parsippany, Morristown, Denville, Dover, and others. I can also send you a Morris County Living magazine that breaks down each town. Give me a call and I will be happy to help.
Good luck!!
Jeffrey Halpern
http://www.prudentialnewjersey.com/jeff.halpern
201-317-7527
You might want to review homes in Princeton, Princeton Junction, West Windsor, East Windsor or Hightstown.
All these are less than 1 hour to NYC by train.
If you are not already working with an agent I can recommend an agent to you. email me at "mjr@ocnj.com" and I'll send you a name & number.
Mike Rayno
Prudential Fox & Roach Realtors
Jcresi,
Bridgewater is one town that will offer you a good selection of homes and townhomes in that price range. There are two temples in town, low crime and the commute is about an hour in to NYC. Please feel free to contact me with for more detailed information on the area.