where to purchase a home--mahopac or yorktown, I need to know the pros and cons of both areas?

Asked by Joseph, Bayside, Queens, NY Sat Aug 25, 2012

I am from the bronx

Answers

6
Roberta Wass…, Agent, Yorktown Heights, NY
Tue Oct 23, 2012
It really depends on your liking, Mahopac is a great town with a number of sports, restaurants, walking trails and Lake Mahopac for motor boating. Whereas Yorktown is a larger town which is very community minded also having a fair or activity going on there is also no train in yorktown, the closest would be croton on the hudson. There are also many nice shops and restaurants located there.Robertawasser.com Realtor with over twenty years experience.
Avongeary, Home Buyer, Mahopac, NY
Thu Sep 27, 2012
I currently live in Mahopac and love it here. It is a much smaller town and with that I feel the community is a lot closer to one another. The schools are good and plenty of acitivities where children are concerned are offered. The same with Yorktown, however it is a much larger area with a larger town and with that said they have more shops and businesses overall. We have private garbage pick up and they have town pick up which is a big plus on their part. I believe they also have more sewer systems and we have septic tanks which again is better. However, as far as taxes go they pay more for these services but not by a whole lot. I would definitly visit both and the fairs are a great way to meet and great the locals. Good luck
Geraldine "G…, Agent, Jefferson Valley, NY
Fri Sep 21, 2012
Joseph, If you really would like a sense of both communities, the Mahopac Street Fair & Columbus Day Parade is Sunday Sept. 30th on Route 6 & 6N, Parade is at 2:00 pm, street fair is 11:00 to 6:00 pm. and Yorktown is having their annual streeet fair October 7th also in the center of town. I will be at the Houlihan Lawrence booth for both events, please feel free to stop by or just come and check out the fairs. Best to you,
Thu Sep 20, 2012
Joseph, It really is a preference what you are looking for in a community that stand out the most to you, if you are not already working with a realtor in the area, please feel free to contact me. Northern Westchester and Putnam County are the areas that I service or if you would like information on the these towns, visit my website: http://www.gigifinan.houlihanlawrence.com
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Sun Aug 26, 2012
Pros and cons are all about personal preferences, wants, needs, lifestyle, etc. Therefore if unfamiliar with the areas, do take the time and revisit more than once; check out all that is important to you, then determine where your comfort level can best be reached. Real estate professionals are prohibited from steering, enticing a buyer to purchase, or not, in specific neighborhoods.
Sun Aug 26, 2012
Joseph, In response to the pros and cons Mahopac or Yorktown, why don't you visit both areas, I would be happy to speak with you regarding both areas as they are the main areas which I cover, feel free to log onto my website gigifinan.houlihanlawrence.com for more information regarding the towns. Gigi