Canadian Loo…, Home Buyer in 86404

where is a better investment for real estate to appreciate over the next 5 or 6 years; Lake Havasu or Goodyear, Az?

Asked by Canadian Looking For Value, 86404 Sun Mar 27, 2011

Answers

14
Spirit Messi…, Agent, Tucson, AZ
Mon Mar 28, 2011
Jay makes some good points, really need more information. Please consider using an agent or Realtor in both cities to help you decide, but in the end, this decision needs to come from you.

I would suggest that you speak with your CPA first to see about tax ramifications, and then a financial consultant to see what they could do with the money Vs tying it up in an long term (I assume long term, but we dont even know) real estate investment. Are you pre-approved? I would also speak with a lender because FYI you will be looking at investor interest rates, if this is not your primary residence.

All tht being said, I have been to both, and my opinion, I enjoyed Lake Havasu more. I bet you have an opinion on which city you like better too, and that should factor into your decision as well.

Best of luck.
Spirit
Brenda and W…, Agent, Lake Havasu City, AZ
Sun Mar 27, 2011
I can speak for Lake Havasu City. Possibly the Goodyear, AZ Realtors can tell you more about that town.

Lake Havasu City is a resort town and we have buyers coming for the beautiful winter season, we have those who retire and move here full time, we have the summer boating season that brings a different crowd and then we have the young families too. We have so much to do here that it fits many lifestyle choices. We have boating, fishing, camping, desert play, classic car collectors, military appreciation and much more.

My husband and I were the California transplants. We had a summer place and came to Lake Havasu in the summer to boat. This was out retirement dream. As lifestyle does change I got laid off from a corporate job and we moved up our dream and now live the lifestyle we love every day!

Our market is stable. It is much harder today to find a home priced at $100,000 that is nice than it was a few months ago and one area has increased by 13% so I believe in the town I have chosen for my home. My crystal ball sasys we are appreciating already. Yes it is slow and the data says we are still down 3% over last year but that also considers that people bought cheaper houses this year and snapped up that inventory I can't find easily now.

Put the Power of the G Force to work for you Today!
Bill Mousel, Agent, Kingman, AZ
Sun Mar 27, 2011
Lake Havasu, Unless you want to live around 2 Million people.
At 53K population, Havasu has elbow room and clean air.
Stop by and see why I have lived here for the last 38 years.
Bill Mousel
1st Continental Realty
928-727-6640
Web Reference:  http://www.havasu4u.com
Susie Johann…, , Lake Havasu City, AZ
Sun Mar 27, 2011
Hello! I believe that Lake Havasu will be the better investment. We are a year round town....snowbird visitors in the winter and spring and boaters in summer and fall. Our foreclosure and short sale inventory is now down to just under 15% of the overall inventory of homes for sale. In some categories of homes we are already seeing price stabilizations and even some values creeping up a bit. I believe these are signs that Lake Havasu will recover more quickly and show an increase in equity sooner! I'd love to help you if you decide on Lake Havasu! Susie@SusieJ.net
Web Reference:  http://www.susiej.net
Bill Mousel, Agent, Kingman, AZ
Wed Oct 29, 2014
Air quality, Low crime Fantastic weather, Consistent Lake Level due to 2 Dam's.
Michelle Mor…, Agent, Lake Havasu City, AZ
Sun Jan 5, 2014
Personally I think Lake Havasu City. It is a resort town that continues to bring in huge events that bring people into our City. In January we will be having the Balloon Festival that continues to grow each year.

We have everything from Balloon Festivals, Pyrotechnic show, Classic Car, Million dollar boating events, Drag Boats, I can go on and on to the many events that Lake Havasu has to offer.

We have excellent weather for dirt bike riding, wake boarding and wake surfing, motorcycle riding, Kayaking, Skate Boarding in out new top of the line park..and so much more!!

We also have ASU Satellite campus here as well that continues to grow each year.

See why everyone that comes here falls in love! Lake Havasu has it all.. Why choose anywhere else in Arizona?
Sharon Cook, Agent, Lake Havasu City, AZ
Wed Jun 19, 2013
Your question is best answered by 2 separate real estate agents. Without comparing side-by-side the 2 different housing markets and the trends for those 2 markets, you won't be able to make a very informed decision. All I can comment on is Lake Havasu City and with it being a very popular recreation and resort community we usually don't have a problem locating buyers from both near and far. Investors flock to this area for that very same reason. If you would like to know more about our market, give me a call at #928-486-3001 or visit my website at http://www.DestinationLakeHavasu.com.
Bonnie Cisse…, Agent, Lake Havasu City, AZ
Sun Apr 7, 2013
I would have to say Lake Havasu City. We are starting to see growth and new home building is starting again. We have less traffic than Goodyear. Plus we have a lake!
Dallas Texas, Agent, Dallas, TN
Mon Mar 28, 2011
Professional code of ethics prevents any agent to respond to this question. We can't predict the future

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Loan Officer, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com
Patricia Ten…, , Lake Havasu City, AZ
Mon Mar 28, 2011
I suggest that you find a buyers real estate agent in either Lake Havasu City or Goodyear (and have that agent refer you to a buyers agent in the other city) and take a look at the options in both locations for yourself and draw your conclusion from the data and properties these hard working buyer agents have found to meet your desired requests. There are always pros and cons to every situation but it is your wants and needs as the buyer that is the goal to be met. Good luck with your purchase of a piece of Arizona.
Rae Dunkley, Agent, LAKE HAVASU CITY, AZ
Sun Mar 27, 2011
In my opinion, Lake Havasu City, AZ, would most certainly be the better investment to invest in real estate, within the next 1-4 years. We are a resort/retirement community, like a mini-Palm Springs but with a gorgeous lake, the Colorado River, and numerous water related or desert related recreational opportunities. We have a lot of Canadian cash buyers, snowbirds from the Northern areas, and investors who are taking advantage of our low prices and buying vacation homes here.

We currently have 872 residential properties on the market, 82 are foreclosures, about 70 are short sales. I am seeing some prices creeping up a little, and there is just no better time to buy than now! Pool homes are at fantastic rock bottom prices, cost of living is fairly low here, and property taxes much lower than most areas of the country.

The weather is mild in the winter, with spring and fall ideal, and the summer heat is nice in my opinion. You have the lake to cool off in, you may have a pool, or friends with a pool. Some choose to get away during July or August to cooler country. The Wallapai Mountains are a little over an hour away, Las Vegas, slightly over two hours, and Phoenix about three hours.

It's a great place to live, visit or raise a family. Small town community feel, and with the 4 year college coming to town, it's a very good place to invest! Check it our for yourself and go to my link! RealtorRae@gmail.com
Web Reference:  http://www.HomesHavasu.com
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Sun Mar 27, 2011
Unfortunately none of can predict the future, where would you be happier....
BG, Home Buyer, Phoenix, AZ
Sun Mar 27, 2011
I have no idea where LH is but I think Goodyear has potential :) (whenever they would decide to build that massive shopping mall there)
Beth Adams, , Canaan Valley, WV
Sun Mar 27, 2011
I of course am biased since I chose last year to live in Lake Havasu City, Az.
But we have the tourest attraction, the Loundon Bridge, bringing in tourests year rounf. We also have a new 4 year collage coming in the next couple of years.

We have many folks coming doen from Canada in our mild winters. It is very inexpensive to live here, houses cost less and the heating bills are next to nothing. Most of the year you don't need heating or cooling. Our summers are HOT, so you do use your air, or a less expensive swamp cooler. In summer some folks take off in their RV's for higher ground or the beach, or just get in their boats and drive up the Colorado river.