where do you get more house for the money - Sudbury or Wayland?

Asked by Ken, Boston, MA Wed Feb 6, 2008

Answers

5
Michael Hunt…, Agent, Sudbury, MA
Tue Aug 7, 2012
Hi Ken,
Over $1.5 million you get more house in Wayland, the amount of detail, building quality, style and features tend to be higher for the same price in Sudbury.
Under $1.5m you get more house in Sudbury.
Something to take into consideration between the two towns, Sudbury has completed all the large infrastucture projects, i.e. schools & public buildings so that is already factored into the property tax rate, Wayland has completed many but is still in the process, so the tax rate may be impacted.
James, , 01778
Wed Jul 16, 2008
Sudbury. But, of course, it is also farther from Boston.
jimgatos, Agent, Westborough, MA
Thu Jul 3, 2008
I think you can find more opportunities in Sudbury generally speaking but they are pretty much very close. Find the homes first and compare...
Web Reference:  http://massrealestateguy.com
Marilyn Mess…, Agent, Concord, MA
Mon Jun 23, 2008
Hi Ken, as a broker working in both towns for 15 years, I think you get more house in Sudbury. the houses tend to be larger, more updated and on larger lots. In general the further from Boston, and Sudbury is only one town further, the more house you get for the money. I show houses in both towns, and the majority of my clients buy in Sudbury. Let me know how I can help. Marilyn
David, , Stow, OH
Wed Feb 6, 2008
Pick your poison. They are both very expensive communities in which to purchase and are roughly equal in price/sq.ft. of house. You can probably find more houses under $400,000 in Wayland then you can Sudbury, but a 4 bed/2.5 bath Colonial in both towns will be relatively equal, varying of course on the size of the lot and whether on a main road or not.