Junior, Home Buyer in West Palm Beach, FL

where can i report this agent or seller?

Asked by Junior, West Palm Beach, FL Sat Jul 7, 2012

I am a buyer in florida and 2 days before the closing date the seller change the new appliances in the house for a used ones. what kind of acction should i take? thanks

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Stephen McRo…, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Tampa, FL
Sun Jul 8, 2012

I'm very fair and I do like a lot of realtors, but I call it like I see it!

But like ALL Mortgage Brokers, I’ve been the victim of RUTHLESS and NON-Stop Coercion and Steering of my borrowers by realtors over the years, who could absolutely care less about how much time and effort I have invested with a borrower when they enter the scene...and they feel good about it too! So forgive me if I see the real estate world from position of extensive experience!

However, even when I’m able to help borrowers save thousands in otherwise Forfeited equity in real estate commission points, I still have the heart to give the borrower the option to compensate realtors for their time.

QUESTION: How many realtors would do the same for the Mortgage Broker?


Realtor Credit Can:

pay for Closing Costs
pay for sepatate Attorney representation
pay for Loan Interest Rate Reduction
pay for real estate attorney to represent buyer
pay for a Gift Card to Home Depot, Lowes, Best Buy
pay towards Buyer’s down payment /certain programs
pay for the 1st full year of home owner’s insurance
pay for taxes and ins. escrows
pay for a Home Warranty
pay for home repairs
pay off credit card debt
pay off car loans
pay off motorcycle loans
pay off boat loans
pay towards a new boat
pay off collections and judgments
pay to lower the sales price even further
pay towards new furniture, TV, Sound System, etc.
pay to upgrade all new appliances
pay for home remodeling and additions
pay to have home painted interior and/or exterior
pay for weekly pool maintenance
pay for credit repair
pay towards a boat purchase
pay for landscaping
pay for monthly lawn care
pay for Security System and monthly payments
pay for new flooring
pay for new A/C system
...Even pay prior realtor for past efforts showing properties

Contact me and I’ll introduce you to realtors who offer this savings to my buyer referrals anywhere in FL.

Steve McRory
Pro Option Mortgage
Ph: 888 662 4404
Prior Service U.S. Marine Corps
1 vote
Chris & Mich…, Agent, Glendale, AZ
Sat Jul 7, 2012
Just for the record, I personally take photographs of the appliances including serial numbers for my buyers. That way when you run into this kind of problem (this is not the first time I have heard of it) you have some kind of verifiable evidence. In this situation the burden of proof will be with you and you realtor to prove something has changed. I am sorry to hear you are in this situation and wish you the best of luck!
1 vote
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Mon Jul 9, 2012
Unfortunately this type of activity is fairly common and we are dealing with a chandelier that was removed in the same manner.

Your first course of action should be to review your documents to see if this was a stipulation to the sale of the property. If so it should be clearly indicated in the MLS information or your contract document itself. Having shotographs of these items in the home will be helpful.

Next, you should have your agent/broker be in touch with the listing agent to present your concerns. Hopefully they will be able to resolve resolve your concern.

Taking your cocenr to the local board of realtors as a possible "ethics" violation should be your next consideration. Most contracts spell out the procedures for resolving such matters via mediation and are spelled out in your purchase agreement.

Hope this is hepful.

0 votes
Gene Platt, Agent, West Palm Beach, FL
Mon Jul 9, 2012
Hello Junior.... First thing you will want to do is look at the sales contract submitted by your agent to see if these items are listed on there. If you did not use an agent to submitt the contract, you may want to consult a Real Estate attorney. If the items are on the contract, then you will want to see if the items are clear as to brand/model #. If they are not, then again you may want to consult a Real Estate attorney. Did you do a walk through of the property prior to closing? This is important to check for situations just like this. I hope that this helps a little.

Gene Platt
Illustrated Properties
(561) 632-5400
0 votes
Annette Law…, Agent, Palm Harbor, FL
Sun Jul 8, 2012
Well said Steve.
It's good to hear a voice that is not predisposed to throwing everyone under the bus.
0 votes
Stephen McRo…, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Tampa, FL
Sun Jul 8, 2012
I'm a Florida Mortgage Broker, and unlike realtors who would be quick to tell borrowers to report us without any hesitation for even the smallest of issues, I say STOP!!

Stop and think before you hurt the Listing Agent or Selling Agent by reporting them. This issue should not be too hard to fix. I know you’re mad and want someone to pay, but you can work thru this.

1.Google search this: FLORIDA REALTOR REBATES and send the results of the search to the Listing Agent and Buyer’s Agent and their Broker

2. Click on this site: http://www.justice.gov/atr/public/real_estate/commission-tab… and send this to them

Give them a chance to make things right first. Usually something can be done to make things right without reporting anyone.

Steve McRory
Pro Option Mortgage/ Florida
Ph: 888 662 4404
0 votes
Ann Ryan, Agent, Doral, FL
Sun Jul 8, 2012
Take action. Call your agent.
0 votes
Junior, Home Buyer, West Palm Beach, FL
Sat Jul 7, 2012
All of the proof are in the appraisal and we have some video and photos of the original appliances. Can i take any acction or just let the deal go? thanks
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more