where I can find a safe place to live in Durham, NC 27705 or nearby?

Asked by Song.Klapoetke, Durham, NC Thu Feb 7, 2013

Answers

6
Margaret Moo…, Agent, Chapel Hill, NC
Tue Feb 12, 2013
Song,
There are many good options in the zip codes you've mentioned. In addition you could increase your options by widening your target area, which would still keep your commute to a minimum. I've lived in the area for 22 years and would be happy to help you in your search.
Magaret Moore
Triangle & Coast Realty
Song.Klapoet…, Home Buyer, Durham, NC
Sat Feb 9, 2013
I mean I work in zip code of 27704
Song.Klapoet…, Home Buyer, Durham, NC
Sat Feb 9, 2013
Thanks for the suggestions.

I am not planning to buy right now but will start to search the area. My budget is ~250K to ~350K and not sure if I can find a decent place to live in 6 months.

I recently moved to NC and heard very different options about Durham, but I move in zip code of 27704 and do not want to buy too far away from my work.

Any suggestions?
Song,

27705 is a great area code for living and commuting to the 27704 area. There are plenty of living options for the area including Hope Creek, Garrett Farms, Pickett Crossing, as well as plenty of homes not found in subdivisions.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but yours is the only opinion that matters when choosing a place to live. Choosing an agent that is familiar to the area to show you around Durham is very helpful when planning your move.

David M Deberry

http://www.davidmdeberry.com
Flag Mon Aug 18, 2014
Hi Song,

I own a home in Durham.. near Brier Creek (27703)... depending upon where you are, the Brier Creek area is awesome. I'm in Magnolia Place, which is a little under your budget but great neighborhood, and some of the houses are really nice.

Flag Tue Feb 26, 2013
Hi Song,

Pop me an email with your direct contact information and I will send you some suggestions.

My email: Stacie@gorealty.biz

Stacie Dye
919-475-9460
Flag Sat Feb 9, 2013
Stacie Dye, Agent, Chapel Hill, NC
Fri Feb 8, 2013
Hi Song,

The 27705 area code has a lot of options. Since safety is a concern you can always contact Durham Crime Mapper link: http://gisweb.durhamnc.gov/gis_apps/crimedata/dsp_entryform.cfm at the Durham Police Department or call the non emergency number (919) 560-4600 on specific areas.

I would love the opportunity to assist you with your home search. Let me know if you have additional questions and if you would like to meet for a Buyer Consultation. I will be glad to discuss the area, current market trends, set you up on a search based on our specific criteria and schedule viewing of properties.

Best of Luck!
Stacie Dye, Broker, Realtor

Go Realty
919.475.9460
Stacie@GoRealty.biz
http://www.GoStacie.com
My NC Homes…, Agent, Chapel Hill, NC
Fri Feb 8, 2013
There are many safe places to live around Duke which is what I'm guessing is your objective. I don't get involved with rentals, but would suggest checking out http://www.Durhamrent.com

If you're looking to buy something please give me a call 919-967-6363, you may contact me directly through my profile here on Trulia. I live less than a mile from Duke in the 27705 zipcode, know the area well and would be happy to assist you.
Deborah Mill…, Agent, Durham, NC
Thu Feb 7, 2013
Song are you looking for a rental property or to purchase a property. Within 27705 American Village I think you would enjoy living there. Much of this depends on your budget for your home. 27712 zip code is very close to 27705 and my children attended the same schools (Riverside/Hillandale/Brogden) of course this would be around the Croasdaile, Cole Mill Road area). In order to help you find your ideal place to live based on your question it would help me to know your budget and if you are looking to purchase a home or to rent and your budget. Please feel free to give me a call and I will provide you all the homes available that meet your criteria and location. I have lived in this area myself for the past 30 years and am a Durham Native.

Deborah Rigsbee Miller, Real Estate Broker, SFR
Coldwell Banker 919-491-2826