Scip13,  in Greenville, IL

when will the market turn around?

Asked by Scip13, Greenville, IL Wed Jul 4, 2012

Answers

5
Ron Thomas, Agent, Fresno, CA
Thu Jul 5, 2012
For most people, the market hit bottom 4 to 5 months ago.

For those people still waiting; it hasn't happened yet!
James Deskins, Agent, Worthington, OH
Thu Jul 5, 2012
Seems like it already has where I am....Columbus, Ohio.
Edith Karoli…, Agent, Winnetka, IL
Thu Jul 5, 2012
Well I wish we all would have a crystal bowl to predict the future... The real estate market very much
depends on the economy and the employment....

But there are many very very well and often low priced good properties in all areas of the US market available and the interest rates are very very interesting for any buyer and investor.... But careful.....
If you are buying it is not only important to look at how inexpensive you can now buy the home you may have not been able to afford several years back because pricing is down, and because of the low interest rates so much more affordable, but also your credit rating, your available down payment and
your job security.....

So look at it all in connection with all the pieces that need to fit together for your situation and then
connect with a good loan officer/lender and an experienced area Realtor - Buyers Agent to assist you in all aspects of the home purchase...

Good Luck to you...
Sincerely yours,
Edith YourRealtor4Life & Chicago and Northern Illinois Expert
Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients, Buyers, Sellers and Investors alike....
Covering for @Properties the city of Chicago, all N and NW suburbs, the fine homes on the
North Shore, and many of the W and SW suburbs, and with her trusted Partner Agents all of
the US and worldwide properties. Edith speaks French, German, some Spanish and other.....
@Properties, 30 Green Bay Rd, Winnetka, Illinois 60093 ---- EdithDoesItRight@yahoo.com or EdithSellsHomes@gmail.com Check out my website at htttp://www.tinyurl.com/MeetEdithHere
get to know me better and learn about my experience, expertise, services available and letters of recommendation of former clients..... Also you can sign up on my site to search for properties in my expanded service area. HAVE THE MOST WONDERFUL DAY :)
Nancy Milton…, Agent, Edwardsville, IL
Wed Jul 4, 2012
Hi, Scip13:

Here in the Greater Gateway Association of Realtors (that's the board the covers your area in Greenville), if you look at May 2012 vs May 2011 (June figures aren't out yet), home sales are up 11 percent this year over last year. And the average sales price is up as well. We'll see how the whole year pans out, but things seem to be on the upswing. If someone was waiting for the so-called bottom, they better stop waiting.

I agree with the previous answer that buyers should also be looking at these record-low interest rates and finding a home they like. Never before have you been able to get a 30-year loan at this kind of rate.

Thanks for your question!
Don Maclary, Agent, Virginia Beach, VA
Wed Jul 4, 2012
In many areas it already is, and at the current rates it is time to buy