Perezmichelle, Home Buyer in 90631

when buying a mobilehome does it too go into escrow like if you where buying a real house?

Asked by Perezmichelle, 90631 Wed Jan 6, 2010

Answers

4
Bonnie Scrib…, , Fullerton, CA
Wed Jan 6, 2010
Yes, it goes into escrow, but the escrow fees are much less and the process is less complicated. I use a wonderful company in Stanton to do my mobile escrows, and they just make it easy as can be. You still have the 17 days for disclosures and inspections, and then remove the contingenciies like a normal contract -- however, it does not get titled at the county recorders, so you don't have to wait until you get "official" word. Usually they decide on a day and when they have everything they need, it's ok to go. Also, as I said, the fees are much, much less than a traditional home.

I love to sell mobile homes because you can get a wonderful home to live in for a fraction of what a house would cost. The taxes are so small yearly, that it's a great buy, as well, for certain people. I think, however, that it really is best to buy with the assistance of a licensed REALTOR, as we have agreed to work with certain ethical standards in all transactions. It would be sad to see some of your rights lost because of inadequate representation.

Good luck! And enjoy your new home.

Bonnie

Bonnie Scribner, REALTOR, QSC
DRE #01447853
Cell: 714.296.0513
Century 21 Discovery
Bonnie@BonnieTheRealtor.com
Thanks Bonnie. I've been in the process for 30 days now and started escrow today and park approved today. How long now should I expect? My realtor gives me non-stable answers like "it depends on escrow company". That doesn't answers my questions.
Flag Thu Jun 30, 2016
Carlos Barron, Agent, La Mirada, CA
Sun May 20, 2012
I highly suggest having a neutral third party such as an escrow company, title company or attorney handle the transaction and all monies of the sale. With a well written and clear contract and a nuetral third party, you can avoid many pitfalls and have a smoother transaction.
Joanne Gardi…, Agent, Union City, CA
Wed May 16, 2012
It is in the best interest of the buyer and seller for the sale to go through escrow. Too many problems can occur if the transfer is not handled correctly. That is true whether the sale is all cash or involves a loan.

Remember the old saying that a man who acts as his own attorney has a fool for a client. That can be also apply to mobile home or manufactured home transactions.

Joanne L. Gardiner, Broker, e-PRO Realtor®, CDPE
Visit our web site: http http://:www.californiasunshinehomes.com
Connie Bramb…, Agent, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Wed Jan 6, 2010
Hi Michelle,
It can but it doesn't have to. Depends on weather you are getting a loan or not. If it is all cash you can just transfer title in Santa Ana. It is easy to do. If you are getting a loan it is better to go through escrow. Or if the seller owes money on the home it is best to go through escrow. why do you want to get a mobile when homes are so afforadable now. after you add your spacce rent your payment a =month is nearly the same as a small house!
thnk about it.
Good Luck to you
Connie Bramble
714-337-8718