whats the best way to find out about open houses if im not from the area?

Asked by Jennifer Guadalupe, Taunton, MA Wed Jun 29, 2011

recently pre approved and first time home buyers would love to attend open houses but im not sure how you find them if your not form the area?

Answers

3
Beverly Goranson’s answer
Beverly Gora…, Agent, Plymouth, MA
Wed Jul 6, 2011
Hi Jennifer!

If you contact me I can send you a list of the open houses in your price range in the towns you want to look in.
Glad you got pre-approved before you started looking.

Beverly Goranson
508-728-4290
Sally Grenier, Agent, Boulder, CO
Wed Jun 29, 2011
I would try looking on all the major real estate websites -- realtor.com, trulia, zillow, OPENHOUSE.COM would be good too! Also, I always advertise my open houses on Craigslist (many agents do in my area, not sure about yours). My company also advertises all of our open houses in the Friday real estate section of the local newspaper. Not sure if you have a similar RE section in your local paper.

Open houses are great to get a feel for the area, and maybe meet a few Realtors....but don't use this strategy to find your house. You really should find a local Realtor to work for you as a Buyer's Agent. He/she will be able to set up a customized search in the MLS for listing that fit your criteria. They proably can also direct you to a local real estate website that has all the MLS listings. (sites like realtor.com, trulia, zillow, etc. are notorious for not having current listings).

If you need the name of someone in your area, let me know.
Web Reference:  http://www.sallygrenier.com
Javier Rodri…, , Orlando, FL
Wed Jun 29, 2011
Hello Jennifer!

Contact a local Real Estate Agent as they can add information and schedule open houses in the multiple listing service. In addition, there is a section for open houses in Trulia or do an internet search in the area you are interested for open house.

Hope this information is useful.

Javier Rodríguez
HouseStar Realty Group Inc.
Real Estate Broker
Lic: BK703443
Certified SFR Short Sale and Foreclosure Resource

: 407.429.5243 | P: 407.301.3401 | F: 407.373.0064 | eFax: 407.264.6260