what would you do?

Asked by Buyer Pains, Hot Spring County, AR Sat Oct 23, 2010

I lost interest in the property because seller did not disclose water intrusion from upper property, a drainage problem and that water damage inside from plumbing issue, also the FHA appraiser did not list repairs that were obvious for my loan, making it an issue of correction due to his lack of compitance of his FHA Standards amd my contract was accepted in the beginning that the seller pay my closing costs and prepay fees So I feel like I should not have to pay the appraiser for an incomplete job
I also on my contract th

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Kevin Olson,…, Agent, Colorado Springs, CO
Sun Oct 24, 2010
Contact FHA directly for help with your situation. There are several things I know they would like to be aware of, and they do care. You can also contact an attorney to see what rights you have, but FHA is your financing, and if things aren't making sense get them involved. They don't want to be involved with a loan on a home that doesn't meet their standards.
Web Reference:  http://www.liveinsprings.com
1 vote
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Sun Oct 24, 2010
Since you mentioned that you lost interest in the property--it's best to consult with an attorney who specializes in real estate before backing out of the deal/contract, have all related paperwork reviewed --he/she can best advise as it relates to your specific situation, including the issue regarding the appraiser.
0 votes
Pat & Steve…, Agent, Westlake, OH
Sat Oct 23, 2010
I suggest that you contact an Attorney who handles residential real estate matters, ASAP, if you want to walk away from the contract for valid, legal reasons.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Home Buying in Popular Cities in Hot Spring County

Email me when…

Learn more