what should be the steps to obtain an abandoned property? I have the information on who the last owners are

Asked by Jill, Indiana Sun Oct 19, 2008

supposed to be, HUD has placed a sticker on the door that says they seized this property when found abandoned, been to the local court house and contacted the bank that is supposed to have the mortgage. HUD does not show any information on the property, the bank has went back 7 years and does not show the property itself nor the names of the owners that had been given to me at the court house, been on NUMEROUS web sites in search of this property either by forclosure, hud sales, pre-forclosure, etc. and it is as if this place never existed as NO one or NO place I have inquired has ANY information at all! Please help as I would love to make this my family's dream home.

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Maria Morton, Agent, Kansas City, MO
Sun Oct 19, 2008
Jill, a local realtor could gather more information about the property from HUD. Find one that is registered to with HUD. The title will need to be cleared before the property can be sold. Your realtor will work with a title company to do that.

Consult an attorney if you want to try to claim the property throught the court. Here's what I think about that avenue: Since HUD has already claimed the property, it is unlikely that you can now lay claim to the same property unless you have proof of relationship to the last known owners that would lead the court to believe you had rights of inheritance.
Web Reference:  http://www.MariaSellsKC.com
0 votes
Edgar Theisen, , 89107
Sun Oct 19, 2008

The best and easiest way for you is to contact a local Realtor. If you don't know who to contact or where to go, I can help you. I have conections not just state or nation wide, even world wide. Jill feel free to contact me anytime.
Web Reference:  http://ETSellsVegas.com
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more