what percentage under the asking price do homes usually sell for in suffolk county ny?

Asked by Meat, Hauppauge, NY Thu Aug 21, 2008

Answers

5
dploves2sell…, Agent, Woodbury, NY
Sun Jan 18, 2015
This depends on the current market conditions and if it's a buyer's or seller's market. It also depends on the neighborhood, since Suffolk County is a fairly large County. In my opinion, if a home is priced correctly, then it shouldn't sell under the asking price. Every situation is different.
;, , Riverhead, NY
Sun Aug 24, 2008
Meat, the mls offers info that indicates asking vs. selling price- if you've landed on a location, contact an agent in that area to pull it up for you. I'd link it for you, but Suffolk county is broad- you'll be better served with a specific location.
Web Reference:  http://optionsrealty.com
Franklin Bla…, Agent, New York, NY
Sun Aug 24, 2008
Meat,
Bottom, bottom line: how well do you feel this home was priced as comparitively to other homes that have recently sold in the same neighborhood. A deal is a deal when both buyer and seller feel that they have been satisfied, not necessarily thrilled!
Phil Svendsen, , Huntington, NY
Thu Aug 21, 2008
As has been said previously in a very similar question, in my opinion, I would look at this matter from the buyer view point of view rather than the sellers. It is what you think as a potential buyer that is your most important consideration , not the seller. But understand of course that you want to give yourself some latitude in moving north. If you are very serious, under normal conditions, you will try to create a 'middle' after some form of give and take gamesmanship.
Zack, , Westchester County, NY
Thu Aug 21, 2008
Meat, this information in not very useful. Here is an earlier thread asking a very similar question.

http://www.trulia.com/voices/Home_Buying/Offering_price_VS_A…