what need to be done to build a house on a vacant land with trees (buildable lot)?

Asked by hongyan.zhang, Oakton, VA Tue Mar 19, 2013

we want to buy a land and build a house in GF. I found a buildable vacant land which had the perc test done without water, no sewer and no gas. I would like to know what needs to be done before I can get a building permit from the county? and what are the accociated cost for each step?

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


John Ginty, Agent, Reston, VA
Tue Mar 19, 2013
I am happy to assist you. There are many people doing what you would like to do. It's a great investment and great time to do it. As Dina explained below, there are several steps involved in this. Call me at 703-307-3449 and we can discuss further. I look forward to hearing from you.
1 vote
Dina Azzam, Agent, Ashburn, VA
Tue Mar 19, 2013
There are many steps to follow to get a home built. Starting with confirming zoning, permits, interviewing builders, reviewing designs, coordinating with the lender and so on.

Please let me know if you could do with my help. I am a Realtor and an Architect. I will not design homes anymore, but can certainly help explain the process and get it on the right track.

Thank you

1 vote
Doris Leadbe…, Agent, Reston, VA
Tue Mar 19, 2013
You need to hire an engineer to prepare and submit a grading plan and select a builder to design a plans and get proper building permits. Call Fairfax county or search http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov for guidelines. I live in Great Falls and can help you with experts who can get you they the process. Call or email me.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more