what is the tax rate on weehawken real estate properties?

Asked by Hoboken_resident, 07030 Mon Aug 9, 2010

Answers

3
Karina Abad, Agent, Hoboken, NJ
Mon Aug 9, 2010
Hi. It really depends, newer properties tend to be higher than say an older multi family or single family home. Can be anywhere from 6k - 15k depending on when it was assessed. It has to do with the city's budget.
If you're buying new construction then I would recommend you contact Weehawken's tax assessors office directly and have him calculate it for you.
If it's an existing property I can look up for you what the properties taxes currently are. Contrary to belief, the property taxes are not adjusted with each new purchase price/transaction.

Karina Anillo
Hoboken_resi…, Home Buyer, 07030
Mon Aug 9, 2010
Thanks, is there a reason why it is the highest? So, if the property is worth let's say 600K, what is the typical tax on it? thanks again
Karina Abad, Agent, Hoboken, NJ
Mon Aug 9, 2010
Hello Hoboken Resident. If you're referring to property tax it varies, like Hoboken, there is no set property tax rate of which you can calculate. There is a taxable ratio which recently went up. For 2010 Weehawkens taxable ratio is 52.08. That figure is calculated with the assessed value of the property to determine property taxes. Hoboken's taxable ratio - for reference - is 27.16.
Currently Weehawken has one of the highest ratio's in the county.
I hope this helps!

Karina Anillo