what is the selling price for one bedroom lofts in 92101?

Asked by Ltaylor, San Diego, CA Mon Jun 23, 2008

Answers

7
Jason Coriano, Agent, San Diego, CA
Mon Oct 18, 2010
I will tell you that I love the downtown area for an long term investment rather it is your primary residents or a true investment purchase. You are able to find lofts or 1 bedroom from as low as $100,000 to as high as $600,000.

Depending on what your motivation is on this purchase and of course your buying power, I would say that you might want to consider sitting down with expert in the downtown market. Just because you can buy a condo for $100,000 does not make it a great investment however buying a 1 bedroom for $600,000 does not make it a great long term investment either.

You need someone to break down the difference between the good, the bad, and the ugly. Ask questions, get comps, go look at units that are currently in escrow that way you will get a sense of what you want and what you will have to pay to go get it.

If you need help or have any direct questions please free to email me at jason@metrosdrealty.com

Jason D. Coriano
http://www.metrosdrealty.com
619.665.5360
Web Reference:  http://www.metrosdrealty.com
Lorraine Bre…, Agent, San Diego, CA
Wed Sep 22, 2010
Hi Ltaylor,

Downtown has many areas just like the suburbs. In East Village by the ballpark 1 bedrooms start at $149,900. In the Little Italy area they begin at $171,000. And in the Marina district, they jump up to a starting price of $226,840. That is not even including Cortez Hill or the Gaslamp district. Each has their own flavor. I always take people new to downtown to several buildings in each area so they can see what they get for the price in the different locations. CCDC has a great brochure for downtown living.
Web Reference:  http://www.homesatthetop.net
Alan Hamrick, Agent, San Diego, CA
Mon Sep 22, 2008
Hi Ltaylor,
It all depends on what neighborhood downtown. In my opinion, there are seven distinct neighborhoods. (I split the East Village at G Street.) They are all vastly different in terms of prices and lifestyle. Looks like you're an agent yourself. What market(s) do you work?
Mike Lewis, Agent, San Diego, CA
Sun Jun 29, 2008
Look it up yourself on a real estate agents web site with the search the mls feature. You can use my website right now - click the link below and select Downtown San Diego. I just did a search and there are over 500 condos listed in Downtown San Diego for Sale. The 1 bedrooms start in th low $200,000.
Filly Gaines, Agent, San Diego, CA
Tue Jun 24, 2008
Hi Taylor,
Lofts downtown start around $250K (some come with parking some do not). If 250K is more than you want to spend you may want to consider a one bedroom. There are several one bed condos starting around 190K (most of these are either bank owned or short sales). The bank owned homes can be really good deals. Hope this helps, Filly
Catherine Ba…, Agent, Cardiff, CA
Tue Jun 24, 2008
Hi Ltaylor,

It depends where you are looking for in this zip code. East Village you are paying somewhere around $250,000. I know the John Segal lofts are selling around that price. In Little Italy they are around $270,000 and you could get these a little cheaper if you don't get parking or you are on the trian tracks. There are some foreclosure going for less, but they are getting multiple offers quickly and you will probably end up paying more for those homes.

I just saw a condo on Columbia street that is 1 bedroom 630 square feet that is going for $189,000. Let me know if you need any help, prices have come down in dowtown. Not to mention that since the dowtown is considered a re-development stage the property taxes are little less.

Real Estate Consultant
Catherine Barden
(760)815-3866
Sharyn & Vi…, , San Diego, CA
Mon Jun 23, 2008
Starting in the $300,000+ and going up from there, depending on building, location, amenities.
Sharyn Crown