what is the estimate time frame of getting approved with the GA dream homeownership program?

Asked by SAMANTHA CROFT, Union City, GA Tue Sep 4, 2012

Answers

4
Londell Flem…, Agent, Riverdale, GA
Fri Mar 20, 2015
Typically 45 to 60 days. However, part of the down payment assistance program is your participation in completing the Georgia Dream course. I had a client that finished the on-line course in about 2 weeks around her work schedule. Once you finish the course you will become motivated to go through the purchasing process.
Logansmomi10, Home Buyer, Fairburn, GA
Mon Apr 4, 2016
Is it possible to get a house if my score is below 600? Also if I don't have a down payment. I am a teacher.
Rodney Mason, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Atlanta, GA
Wed Sep 5, 2012
HI Samantha,
Georgia Dream loans typically require about 45-60 days to close. Since the Department of Community Affairs has to underwrite each GA Dream loans, that will add to the closing timeframe. DCA's turn around times do vary daily based on their volume.

Rodney Mason, NMLS #151088
Sr Loan Officer
Prospect Mortgage
825 Juniper St NE, Atlanta, GA 30308
Office: (404) 591-2453
rodney.mason@prospectmtg.com
Apply Online at http://www.rodneymason.com
Licensed in Alabama & Georgia

Prospect Mortgage offers a full selection of mortgage programs including:
Conventional | FHA | FHA 580-639 FICO | FHA 203K Renovation (Streamline & Consultant) | HomePath® | HomePath® Renovation | HomeStyle® Renovation | VA | USDA | GA Dream | Jumbo Financing
Jordon Wheel…, Agent, ATLANTA, GA
Tue Sep 4, 2012
Hi Samantha,

Georgia Dream provides buyers with a tremendous opportunity today to finance the purchase of a home with interest rates below the market rates. The process of actually getting approved for the Georgia Dream Home Ownership Program depends on a several factors.

Credit scores - Georgia Dream looks for scores above 660. There are additional guidelines for scores below 660 down to 620. Buyers working to improve their credit scores may take three to six months.

Home Buyer Education - required course work that may be required either online or in class. Can take up to 30 days to get scheduled with an approved provider.

Salary - there is a cap on how much income a household can generate to be eligible for Georgia Dream Home Ownership Program.

Loan Approval by Lender registered to process Georgia Dream loans - can take 30 or more days depending on the Lender's loan approval guidelines. Once the Lender completes their loan approval, the Lender passes the loan package to the Department of Community Affairs to get the buyer approved for the Georgia Dream funds.

If you would like for me to put you in touch with a Lender who knows Georgia Dream, please let me know. And if you need an experienced real estate agent to help you find a property, please call me at 404-246-3210.

Thank you!
Jordon Wheeler
My name is John. I am relocating to georgia next summer after mulitary service. Am I qualify for the georgia dream home loan program?
Flag Fri Nov 8, 2013