what is the definition of Maintainance Free?

Asked by Joe, Bradenton, FL Thu Jan 24, 2013

Answers

6
Mary Matero, Agent, Port Orange, FL
Thu Jan 24, 2013
It depends on the context of the phrase. In my city there is a "maintenance free" subdivision where the homeowners association covers lawncare, exterior pest control, sprinkler system, annual pressure washing of the home and every 5 years they paint the exterior. The homes are all single family homes or villa homes that are modern side by side duplexes. The community also has 2 pools, tennis, club house and is gated. The monthly maintenance runs in the low$300s. If that type of lifestyle interests you, it is located about 5 miles south of Daytona Beach. It is not an age restricted community and has a nice mix of, young professionals, families, retirees and snowbirds. I can assist you with resale homes or new construction.

Mary Matero
Keller Williams Realty Florida Partners
386-682-1605
J, Agent, Greensboro, NC
Thu Jan 24, 2013
Hi Joe. In all logic there is no such thing as mainteance free. In a nutshell it's a marketing phrase that draws seemingly positive attention to a product being sold on the open market. Catchy two-phrase words always draw attention in ads according to marketing experts. Good luck to you!
Tim Moore, Agent, Kitty Hawk, NC
Thu Jan 24, 2013
It can mean a little or nothing really at all. It is a lot like seeing the phrase, "Up to 50% off" which means it could be 1% to 50% or anywhere in between. Maintenance free to me means it does not require much maintenance to maintain it. Some maybe, but maybe not much.
Nancy Robins…, Agent, Royal Oak, MI
Thu Jan 24, 2013
It means someone else has to do the work! LOL. Its prety much an oxymoron statement otherwise.
Carol Marra, Agent, Bradenton, FL
Thu Jan 24, 2013
Joe,
Great question and it could mean different things in different communities. However, in most communities I service it refers to ground maintenance - cutting, fertilizing, and keeping the grounds around a property in good shape.
Hope this helps!
Patricia Pal…, Agent, Palmetto, FL
Thu Jan 24, 2013
The association or the owner of the property if it is a renter is responsible for all maintenance.