what is the current average of days on the market for a 3/2 house?

Asked by mrmarlonmorris, Fort Lauderdale, FL Tue Jan 15, 2013

Answers

10
Chad Gray, Agent, Fort Lauderdale, FL
Wed Jan 23, 2013
mrmarlonmorris,

To learn more about average days on market for a home in Fort Lauderdale, visit: http://luxurylivingfortlauderdale.com/greater-fort-lauderdal…

Here you can view market data for Greater Fort Lauderdale and by a specific area in the county. For example, the average days on market for a single-family home in Greater Fort Lauderdale is 149 days (based on 12 months of data).

I hope this is helpful!

Chad Gray PA, Realtor
Luxury Living Fort Lauderdale
Coldwell Banker Residential Real Estate
754-300-6040

100% of clients rated our service as "EXCELLENT"!
http://luxurylivingfortlauderdale.com/what-clients-are-saying/

.
Marsha Umans…, Agent, Tamarac, FL
Wed Jan 16, 2013
If the house, or any property for that matter, is priced right it will not "sit" on the market longer than a few weeks :)
Judi Loporto, , Fort Lauderdale, FL
Wed Jan 16, 2013
Good Morning Mr. Marlon,
So many factors decide on how many days on the market. If the home is priced right, and in certain price groups,in good shape ect. they are getting offers in days. If I can help with any of your buying or selling needs please let me know.
Judi LoPorto
The Keyes Company
Robert Zeoli, Agent, Plantation, FL
Tue Jan 15, 2013
Hi Marlon,

I publish a booklet containing an Easy Check List List of ways to make Buyers Attracted To Your Home...

If you would like a copy, please let me know and I will send it right over to you. Our clients love it and I would be happy to assist you.

I hope I was able to help. Please contact me if you would like a copy.
Maxine Franc…, Agent, Plantation, FL
Tue Jan 15, 2013
Hi Mr Marlon Morris. If the house is priced right and accessible to buyers, it will have an offer within 7 days. If the house is over-priced it will stay longer on the market. I pull comparables on properties before I submit an offer to make sure my buyer is getting a fair price. If I represent the seller then I try to get a little more depending on the property's condition. I hope this helps. Are you a seller or a buyer? Thanks, Maxine 954-816-5024
Robert Zeoli, Agent, Plantation, FL
Tue Jan 15, 2013
Hi Marlon,

As you can see from some of the replies you have gotten already, this is kind of a tough question to answer. I can tell you that we are now in a sellers market again. If you have a 3/2 that is in fairly good condition, with no serious issues, access to showings and you are priced in line with the market, you can expect to be under contract within 30 days. Most of our inventory is under contract within the first 2 weeks and has multiple offers.

Keep in mind that if you are talking about an area that has a higher price point $400,000 and up, the DOM will always be higher. Also, if it is a short sale transaction, you can easily add on 60 to 90 days for the lender to approve the sale.

I hope I was able to help. Please contact me if you need additional information
Stefanie Coh…, Agent, Weston, FL
Tue Jan 15, 2013
There are many factors that effect the days on market.

* Location - Every area is different.
* Type of sale ( short sale, regular sale, foreclosure )
* How is the home priced? Is it priced at market value, above market value or below market value?
* Condition of Home
* Available inventory

There is no across the board average..... the above items influence the days on market.

Stefanie Cohen, PA, ABR, SFR
Barbara East…, Agent, Myrtle Beach, SC
Tue Jan 15, 2013
There is no correct answer to your question. Every property is different. The price, condition and the location have a lot of do with the amount of time a property is on the market. If it is price right and in the right location a house can go under contract in just a few days. While an overpriced home can sit on the market until the listing expires. A Realtor has all of the tools to help you make the right decision when it comes to pricing your home.

Barbara Easton-Irvin
Atlantic Properties

check out properties on my website at http://www.FloridaLiving4U.net
Meir Aloni, Agent, Plantation, FL
Tue Jan 15, 2013
What price range? Location (water front/dry lot).......?

With enthusiasm,

Meir Aloni & Team

CRS (Certified Residential Specialist)

CDPE (Certified Distressed Property Expert)

RECS (Real Estate Cyberspace Society)

Successfully selling Broward County since 1986!

Direct phone# 954-338-5220 http://www.WeSellBroward.com

All Star Realty Inc.
Ann Ryan, Agent, Doral, FL
Tue Jan 15, 2013
Mr. Morris, the average matters little unless you've identified your reason for sale:

Do you have a regular sale, with a house in good condition?
Do you owe the bank more than the house is currently worth (short sale)?
Are you trying to maximize price or minimize your days on market?

A low price will get it sold quickly.... but is that your goal. Give me a call, and I can give you better advice.