what is the cost to replace a roof for a 1229 sq ft home these days. just need general idea

Asked by Helene Moretti, 02917 Thu Jun 28, 2012

Answers

5
The Stephen…, Agent, Portland, OR
Wed Nov 6, 2013
Seems to depend on your local area a lot. But in my area it would typically be 5K to 6K for a decent 30 year roof.
Dennis DelGi…, Agent, Wickford Village, RI
Wed Nov 6, 2013
Roofs are all different, it depends on the shape of the roof and quality of the materials. It also matters who is doing it. Get lots of quotes! When I had mine done I had quotes from 10K to 6K. Look around for sure!
Jamie Rebello, Agent, Warwick, RI
Fri Jun 29, 2012
Hi Helene,

I just happen to be a Realtor that was a home builder. If the roof needs to be stripped and shingled, it will cost you about $400 per square for everything, labor, materials, disposal, ect...depending on how steep and how many dormers or "A's" on the roof ,the home in question I would guess around $5500-$6000, but I would have to see it and measure it. I see your name here a lot, you really need a Realtor. I have a building background and can handle the attention you need, feel free to call me 241-7728, have a great day.
thanks for taking the time to give me a REAL answer.
Flag Fri Jun 29, 2012
Ron Thomas, Agent, Fresno, CA
Thu Jun 28, 2012
You are asking Realtors to give you an estimate for ROOFING?

Do you ask your Dentist to estimate your car repairs?

Why don't you ask a Roofer to give you an estimate for your roofing?

Good luck and may God bless
Rich Homer, Agent, NAPLES, FL
Thu Jun 28, 2012
Search Google with this text "Roofer your zip code". From your friends at http://www.naplesrealestateguys.com/
5 to 6k for a 30 year good roof.
Flag Thu Feb 13, 2014