what is the breaker service requirement for a fha loan?

Asked by Cowboy, Marion, IL Tue Jun 22, 2010

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Robert McGui…, Agent, Denver, CO
Tue Jun 22, 2010

Call my friend Jim Elliot. He is an electrical contractor at Elliot Services and former Denver City Inspector. He will be glad to help you. All the best.

Elliott Service Systems, Inc.
2935 South Trenton Street
Denver, CO 80231-4162

Phone: 303-671-7763
Fax: 303-369-3737
E-Mail: jim@elliottservicesystems.com

Robert McGuire ASR
Your Castle Real Estate
Direct: 303-669-1246
1 vote
Brian Burke, Agent, Highlands Ranch, CO
Thu Jun 24, 2010
I think you may need to consult a lender.
0 votes
Kimberly Ryan, Agent, Highlands Ranch, CO
Wed Jun 23, 2010
Check with my Lender Tim Brannon at 303-901-9975 for a definitive answer.
Good luck
Kimberly Ryan
0 votes
Carole Higgi…, Agent, Suttons Bay, MI
Wed Jun 23, 2010
Hi Cowboy-
There is no easy answer to you r question. Although there are general guidelines that you can look at, like the link the Kinslow team provided, this will likely not answer specific questions. You can also call an FHA lender like Larry Johnson @US Bank- 720-684-7141. Larry is an FHA whiz kid and a good reference for many questions. Beyond that, if your question arises out of the fact that you are going to list a property and are wondering if it can go FHA, you might want to get an inspection prior to listing so that you know what all of the potential red flags are for the new buyer. Once you have that information you can evaluate whether or not to accept FHA financing, and also determine if there are any repairs that you should complete prior to listing the property. If you are considering buying a property again rely on your inspector. There are going to be confusing items, as nothing is cut and dried, like if there is a Federal Pacific panel. For these questions you should call a licensed electrician- like the one Robert MCGuire recommended. Remember that the goal of FHA is to insure that the property is safe and in good repair and let that be your guide to some extent
0 votes
The Kinslow…, Agent, Centennial, CO
Tue Jun 22, 2010
Hello Cowboy,

I think this website will answer your question: http://www.fhainfo.com/fhaappraisals2.htm

Hope that helps!

Sandy Kinslow
The Kinslow Team
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more