Home Buying in Mill Valley>Question Details

Christine, Home Seller in 94941

what is the best neighborhood in mill valley?

Asked by Christine, 94941 Sat Nov 12, 2011

Answers

9
Hey Christine,

Thanks for your great question.

I remember answering a previous question about prepping your home for sale. I hope you found my answer and those of my colleagues helpful.

Regarding your current questions it would be best to answer in a way that appeals to the widest market ... Most people are searching for homes that are bright & light, have usable outdoor space, surrounding a quality neigborhood shopping, great schools, convenient.... The immediate neighborhoods surrounding downtown MV might qualify to answer this question but I would recommend you look at the neighborhoods separately. They each serve different desires to people and thankfully (as well as hopefully) not everyone wants the same house.
You might also wish to ask the agent you choose to work with for the latest stats on active, contingent, pending & sold properties for Mill Valley. This type of report mapped will show you the current and even a historical desire for Mill Valley houses suggesting an answer to your question.
Want a report? Drop me an email at dan.nebenzahl@cbnorcal.com, text or call me at 415-497-8864 .

Best, Dan
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 12, 2011
There are many great neighborhoods with different personalities - some popular ones include Sycamore Park, Homestead Valley, Blithedale Canyon, and Scott Valley.
Mill Valley is so special to so many types of people, couples, families with children who have moved from San Francisco for the award winning schools, artistic, musical, creative individuals who love serenity and privacy, who are you and what do you yearn for each day? Sunlight or shade? open space and close to nature, or convenience and downtown shops and energy? Do you have children and want to be close to schools so they can bike ride or walk to school? One level for easy living, or lots of stairs? Closer to the freeway so you have an easy commute to work? Mill Valley is a gem, with lots of micro climates and neighborhoods. As mentioned before, drive around and walk around the various areas, as they are each unique in their benefits. My office is in Mill Valley, and I have been an agent there for over 15 years , so I would be happy to help you assess the different areas and what you are looking for to soothe your soul!
That's easy - it's where your home is! Mill Valley is one of my favorite towns. I am a graduate of Tam and really love the area. For buyers who are thinking of Marin, especially if they have children, I always recommend Mill Valley. It has history, charm, atmosphere, diversity, beautiful nature and great schools.

http://bit.ly/MillValley

Oggi Kashi
Broker Associate
Paragon Real Estate Group - CA DRE 01844627
Web Reference: http://www.oggikashi.com/
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 19, 2011
I would be happy to talk to you to counsel you by your needs. Regards, Carrie Sherriff 415-328-6416 (cell).
Both of the answers already submitted by seasoned Marin agents have great points! I've lived in Mill Valley since 1973 so i will add the following thoughts. Mill Valley, (like most Marin towns and citeis) has many "micro-climates". This is both a benefit and a curse, as each has something wonderful but may be lacking in something else. Advice: get in the car and drive around all the neighborhoods. Come on a weekend and talk to the neighbors on the street. Listen to your gut - see what feels right for you. I have a quiz i give buyers to help them get their true priorties in vertical order, and see whether, if married, husband and wife have the same goals. Email me if you want to take it! Maryann
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 12, 2011
Which neighborhood is best is so subjective. I find it's the people and community that make the neighborhood. What makes a neighborhood great for you? Is it walk score? Views? Families? Proximity to hiking/biking/trails? Micro-climate?

Here is a website to help you get started identifying Mill Valley's many neighborhoods.

Feel free to contact me directly with any further questions.

Amy E Glaser
Amy@SweetHomeMarin.com
Mill Valley has many special neighborhoods all serviced by the award winning Mill Valley School District. Your personal criteria is important in determining which is the best neighborhood for you. You need to determine location, climate, driving conditions, distance to schools, pricing as part of your investigation into which is the best locale for you. If you need help in determining these important factors, don't hesitate to call a veteran real estate agent like myself. Cecile Hawkins 385-5202.
Web Reference: http://cecilehawkins.com
That all depends what you personally like, do you have children, do you need a yard, do you prefer the hills. To be honest, there really is no one best area. Sycamore Park is great because it is flat, walk to town with loads of kids. But, really, I wouldn't say there is any one best neighborhood. Some people love Middle Ridge because they love the views and the privacy. Other people love Homestead. Once again, it all depends on your personal likes.