what is the basic differencefor all ages condo compared to the 55 plus community!?

Asked by George Kall, Seminole, FL Sun Feb 17, 2013

Looking for a condo for part time resident but also available for family and friends!

--
This question was asked from this property: http://=www.trulia.com/property/3083468390-252-SW-Monroe-Cir-N-4110… target="_blank" rel="nofollow noreferrer noopener">http://www.trulia.com/property/3083468390-252-SW-Monroe-Cir-…

Answers

3
My NC Homes Team’s answer
My NC Homes…, Agent, Chapel Hill, NC
Mon Feb 18, 2013
Age restriction. The primary owner in a 55Plus or active adult community must be at least 55 years old. This doesn't mean that younger people can't be on premise but that the owner be at least 55 years old.
Maria Gilda…, Agent, Manchester, CT
Mon Feb 18, 2013
Age restriction is the basic difference. Only 55 plus residents are allowed in the 55 plus community. Family and Friends below this age bracket can visit and stay for a certain period of time.

The Condominium Covenants and Regulations outlines the guidelines and rules to follow and adhere to.

Best.

Maria
Pamela Cohn, Agent, Clearwater, FL
Sun Feb 17, 2013
Hi Gatorgk,

55+ community one or all owners must be 55+ to purchase and reside in it. If you are looking to have family and friends use it, you need to check their restrictions. 55+ tend to have more limits as to how long children (under 18) and guests can visit and some say an owner must be there for them to be able to use the facilities. On the other hand many of the 55+ communities are less expensive so it is a matter of weighing out your needs.

Are you currently looking for a home or just browsing on line for now? I have a free service called “Listingbook”, which I provide for my clients. It is like a back door into the MLS, which updates daily: new listings, price changes, solds & withdrawn listings, allowing you to really be able to follow and learn the market. I set up a basic search according to your guidelines. Once you are in, you can change the parameters as you need. If this is something you would be interested in let me know & I would be glad to set up your free Listingbook Account.

Since you live in the area, I also have a free automated service called CITY (Curbside Info to You) available 24/7. I issue you a number you can call on ANY Real Estate For Sale sign and a computer reads the MLS information to you, from the street number & address for all ACTIVE MLS listings. If this would be helpful let me know. If you have a smart phone & TEXT "PAMELA" to 727-213-5142 it will give you a free mobile site. Bookmark it to you front page and use it anytime. Email me your cell phone & I'll registered it so you won't get annoying follow up calls. If you want to talk to me there is a prompt or you can call me on my cell. If you want to put it on multiple phones, I can put up to three numbers on one user name. Just send the numbers you want added. Put it in your favorites for quick access when you are driving around. I use it all the time.

I feel an informed client makes the best decisions regarding their real estate needs. Let me know if I can be of assistance.

Pam Cohn
Broker Associate, GRI, SFR, NHS
Real Estate Consulting, Marketing & Sales
Prudential Tropical Realty
2539 Countryside Blvd #3 Clearwater, FL 33761
pcohn@prutropical.com
727-204-7155
Hello Pam, The info on my reply is not correct! I am not from Seminole but live in Davenport, Iowa! I did live in Largo, several years ago for over 10 years so very familiar with the area! Basically just searching the st. Pete area for condos in my price range For a 2nd type of home concept but not in the 55 plus concept! Looking for something i can enjoy for vacations and also family or friends can enjoy it as well! More than likely may have to plan a long weekend or a vacation down there and do some searching! Any suggestions or sites to check out let me know! Thank you, George Kall
Flag Tue Feb 19, 2013