what is the average range for homeowners insurance with a house value of around $200k in Atlanta, GA?

Asked by Vince Baskerville, Georgia Sat Jun 21, 2008

Answers

7
Lloydprogroup, , Atlanta, GA
Mon Aug 11, 2014
Here are a few questions that will help you:

1- How much does the home cost?

2- Where is the home located?

3- How old is the home?

4- What is Your CLAIMS history?

5- What is your home made out of?

6- What will your Deductible be?

7- Are you willing to combine it with other insurance policies?

These questions will help an agent to give you the best home insurance quote possible.

Hope this helps.
If we can answer any questions for you please feel free to reach out to us now.

Lloyd Pro Group | Nationwide Insurance
1830 Water Place #105, Atlanta, GA 30339
(404) 892-2864 (404) 892-2572 (Fax)
http://www.lloydprogroup.com
Flag Mon Aug 11, 2014
David Karami…, , Atlanta, GA
Sat Aug 4, 2012
Hi- As you have this open trying to see what your best options are from a Home Owners Insurance perspective, you may want to simultaneously look into taking advantage of the historic low Interest Rates in the market.

Let me know if you'd like to have a preliminary conversation about this- No strings attached...

David Karamitros
Residential Lending Sales Manager
Brand Mortgage Group
404-513-4110
dkaramitros@brandmortgage.com
Chanel, , Murrieta, CA
Thu Jul 12, 2012
We write stand alone landlord and vacant property insurance in GA. If you visit our site you can request a quote and we will get started on it right away
Fcheshire, , Atlanta, GA
Tue Dec 15, 2009
There are many factors to consider including your credit. score, zip code, deductible chosen, and whether you will be combining it with your auto insurance policy.

Here is an article on some tips Clark Howard suggests for lowering your home owners insurance premiums.
Bee Nguyen, , Atlanta, GA
Wed Jun 25, 2008
You can get varying discounts through different homeowner's insurances; close proximity of a fire hydrant and fire station can give you a discount; an alarm system can give you a discount; if you use the same company as your car insurance, you get a discount. I would say between $650-$800 would be average.
Web Reference:  http://www.leaveittbee.com
Is this an annual fee or monthly?
Flag Fri Jun 17, 2016
David Wilson, Agent, Atlanta, GA
Tue Jun 24, 2008
the answer to this question depends on the zip code of reference, type of construction and security features installed and your credit. From my best guess I think you can expect a range of $350 to $650 from the largest insurers in GA.

I would try State Farm, Progressive and Allstate to start. Good Luck.
Steve Matthe…, Agent, Atlanta, GA
Sat Jun 21, 2008
That is a great question, but the answer is not so easy. Your insurance premium is going to depend on your deductibles, your credit, your insurance score, how much you have insured with this company, county and how many claims you have made in the past.

If I were to through out a number it would be around $$500~600$$.

Selling a lot of homes in Atlanta for around this price that is what I have seen ~ Allstate has typically had the best prices, for at least the first year.

Call around though, some insurance companies will allow you to deduct the value of the land and help lower your premium.

(A credit-based insurance score, also known as an insurance score, is a snapshot of a consumer's insurance risk picture at a particular point in time based on information contained in a consumer's credit report. Since insurance scores have statistically proven to be a sound predictor of future loss, insurers use these scores, along with many other factors, to evaluate new and renewal insurance policies.)