Home Buying in Charlotte>Question Details

Mommom, Home Buyer in Baltimore, MD

what is the average price of a 3 bedroom house in charlotte nc?

Asked by Mommom, Baltimore, MD Thu Oct 3, 2013

dave’s answer

This is a very difficult question. In the Charlotte area there are quite a few 3 bedroom homes. But the prices will vary based on square footage, location, year it was built, condition of the house, schools it is assigned to. I have seen 3 bedroom homes go for as little as $40,000 and as high s $700,000 and everything in the middle.

I can tell you that the average price of a home in the Charlotte area is around $200,000. This jus means that half of the home sell above it and half below it. I have sold many homes above that price and many homes well below that price.

Depending on the specific criteria you are looking for in a house it is tough to say what the average price would be. Certain areas command less money than other areas as well as age of the house....My advice is to talk to one of us and give the criteria you want in a house. From there I can send you a list of homes that meet your criteria with a max price and down from there so you can get an idea of what is available out there in your price range.

Dave diCecco
Helen Adams Realty
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Oct 4, 2013
Good afternoon, MomMom:
There are over 12000 three bedroom homes townhomes and condos currently on the market in the greater Charlotte area. 3000+ have a Charlotte address. 75% of these are priced under $500000. Average Price varies dramatically depending on area and product type. My suggestion is to set a price you like and get a list of the homes that fit your budget and see if you like them. You will find that your money goes a lot farther here than in Baltimore. If you have a full time agent with a Masters degree in Planning with Finance and over two decades of experience, working for you, you will likely do better in negotiations. I'd be pleased to provide that service. If you appreciate this answer, please give it a thumbs up, or if this was the most helpful answer, please say thanks with a best answer click.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 3, 2013
It really depends on what part of town you're in. If you're in South Charlotte's desirable neighborhoods, average price can be $400k, but there are areas where average drops to $185k.

Email me with specifics on what you're looking for and I'll do my best to help guide you.

John Siddons
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 3, 2013
Tough question as Charlotte is a fairly large sprawling city with a huge price range staring int he low $100,000's all the way up to several million. You're going to have to get a little more specific about what you're looking for in the way of a home, school districts etc, before anyone can give you a reasonable price range.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 3, 2013