what is the average cost per square foot for new home construction in anoka , mn.?

Asked by Dan Iund, Anoka, MN Tue Feb 14, 2012

Answers

7
Make Minnesota Home’s answer
Make Minneso…, Agent, Blaine, MN
Tue Feb 14, 2012
New construction is usually a bit more than gently used existing homes for the same upgrades - but new is NEW! Like the other responses - it depends! You can go to my website - http://www.makeminnesotahome.com and there are a number of search tools that will help you answer most if not all of your questions about purchasing a home. If you need help navigating the site, register and I'll get back to you shortly thereafter. Glad you asked!
Tatumlea, Home Buyer, Sebastopol, CA
Fri Jun 17, 2016
However, Too much faith in "average" numbers, keep in mind that the only house that you really care about is the one that you are about to build. Home prices of $55, $66, $72, $80, $84, $92, $110, $118, and $328 per square foot combine to produce an average of $112 per square foot, which is probably a reasonable figure for many areas of the country. However, the difference between the lowest figure and the highest is very substantial. While professional builders may be able to average their profits and loses over several projects, the typical homeowner or owner-builder probably cannot. So, regardless of how you finally come up with the numbers, be sure to take the time to review your finances, prepare a reasonable budget, and produce an accurate construction estimate for the specific home that you are about to build.

http://USAConstructionLoans.com
House Geeks, Agent, Burnsville, MN
Tue Feb 14, 2012
It really depends of what amenities you want, the quality of the builder and if the lot is included. If you are fine with stock cabinets, laminate counter tops vinyl and carpet flooring and you are fine with going with the cheapest builder, without the lot included you are looking at around $80-$85 a sqft. The builder that I have found does the best quality work at the best price is around $95-$100 a sqft without the lot. They also include in there pricing some upgrades over the cheapest builders as far as flooring, cabinets and the quality of construction. I have seen other builders that put out the same quality as the one I use that come in at 120-130 a sqft or more.

Kirk Duckwall
The Duckwall Team of Realtors
Edina Realty
Cell 651-303-0019
Web Reference:  http://www.DuckwallTeam.com
Hi Kirk -

Can you refer me to the builder you use? We would like to add a second story onto our existing house. Thank you!
Flag Sun Oct 15, 2017
Timtam_ts, Home Buyer, Anoka, MN
Wed Jun 15, 2016
The last Habitat for Humanity House I was involved in as the manager of the project cost $90/ft for a rambler with no garage. Including donated labor on ROOF, electrical, trim, foundation and paint and other, this house was adequate but no mansion. The lot was also donated. Another $10 per square foot will get a house built in the twin cities as this house was out state Minnesota. Sorry, $100 per ft is no where close to reality in our market, let alone the twin cities. Try $150/ft and you are still in a huge variables with choices you have to make along the way.
Respectfully,

Tim
Chris Fritch…, Agent, Coon Rapids, MN
Tue Oct 1, 2013
Anoka doesn't have a whole lot of data since there aren't too many lots available. It would probably run you about $170 per square foot including the lot, looking back over the last 6 months. Ramsey has some lots available.
the Chris Fritch Team
http://www.chrisfritchteam.com
100$ is a good number,buying a house can be as low as 50 on the lower end then it of course goes up the newer and fancier you go. 70$ should get you a nice home
Flag Sun Nov 10, 2013
alot depends on type of house, but you dont figure in the land on construction,what
if it was a million dollar lot, construction stays the same regardless the cost of a lot
Flag Sun Nov 10, 2013
Chris Block, , Saint Paul, MN
Tue Feb 14, 2012
Hey Dan!

If you want I have pasted a reference in the web link where you can tinker around with states in Anoka for new construction. There is not a ton of new construction sales volume available to really get good data. It should be higher than $100/sq.ft though. Even by Kirk's own omission the lot is typically not included. For someone buying a home I do add in that price, because if you are trying to compare prices to previously owned construction it makes the numbers smoother in my mind. Just my opinion there are a lot of ways to look at it differently.

Not sure why you asked this question in the first place, but I can tell you it is a ton cheaper to go previous construction. Find something "newer" built 2002+ that is a foreclosure and you get the best deals. If you feel like talking more about it, or would like some representation (it won't cost you anything to work with me anyways) just contact me directly through Trulia.

Happy Housing Hunting!
Joel Friday, Agent, Coon Rapids, MN
Tue Feb 14, 2012
Right around $100 per square foot for a decent home, Upgrades of course are over and above that. So your taste will determine final price.
Web Reference:  http://homebyfriday.com