what is the area like in bullhead?

Asked by jasonmaletto, Bullhead City, AZ Tue Apr 9, 2013

Answers

3
Barbara , Agent, Bullhead City, AZ
Sat Apr 27, 2013
Bullhead City is part of the tri-state area where Bullhead City AZ and Laughlin NV and Needles CA all come together within a 25-minute drive of each other. This is a community near the Colorado River and the Laughlin casinos. Popular for tourists and this week it is popular for the Harley Run where we get about 70,000 motorcyclists. Popular in Winter for the SnowBirds (retired folks) and popular in the summer for the boating enthusiasts. Fishing all year. Lots of places to golf. Desert mountains for hiking. Several mines nearby. Near Lake Mohave and Lake Havasu. Approx 1.5 hours from Las Vegas. Close to Kingman and Golden Valley, Fort Mohave, Mohave Valley.
Gene, Both Buyer And Seller, Bullhead City, AZ
Mon Apr 15, 2013
It depends.

It depends on your age. It depends on your family status. It depends on your employment status, i.e. retired or working. It depends on what you like to do. It even depends on your health.

Age: I am 70 years old, retired...and oftentimes tired. For me BHC is perfect as I can relax in the sun, golf, read (we have a great library) or attend classes (we also have a great community college).

If I was working age, jobs are scarce and low paying. Many people are day laborers. The lucky ones work at the casinos in Laughlin or the hospital or college in BHC. There is the river to swim, fish or play in. If I was younger I would spend most of my time in the water but at my age...and with my arthritis...not so much.

But it has everything my wife and I need to enjoy life. We moved here from the pacific northwest and would never move back.

Whatever you decide about BHC, good luck.
Gaylene Wood, Agent, Bullhead City, AZ
Wed Apr 10, 2013
Hi Jason, here's a link that I think you will find helpful! We're a great river community on the Colorado River across the river from Laughlin, NV for entertainment. Within minutes of Lake Mohave, 45 minutes from Lake Havasu City, 90 miles from Las Vegas, NV, 4-5 hrs from So Calif & Phoenix Metro area. I've been in the area for 21 yrs, I love the small town community & awesome people that call Bullhead City home.

Please feel free to call me direct for a more personal conversation!

Gaylene Wood
Parkway Place Real Estate
(702) 373-1847 Cell