what is it called when you purchase a home and also get the rights to the land that the home sits on, how would i go about doing that?

Asked by Me, Lawrence, KS Sun Jun 10, 2012

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Rob Lang :)’s answer
Rob Lang :), Agent, Lawrence, KS
Sun Jun 10, 2012
"Clear title" to the land is the short answer. There are lots of variables to this. Mineral rights, gas rights, water rights, etc. below the ground will be variables. "Air" rights above ground will be a variable as well.

Making a phone call to a title company will help as they all have either attorneys as owners/managers or have attorneys on retainer for answers to title questions such as yours.

Best of luck to you. I have provided the web address of a Lawrence title company.

1 vote
thank you
Flag Sun Jun 10, 2012
Stan Trekell, Agent, Lawrence, KS
Sun Jun 10, 2012
Getting it right:

Your question illustrates a great point. Real estate is so much more than just legal terms and jargon. It requires that Realtors are attentive to detail and, as required by law, maintain their right to practice real estate by continuing their education throughout their entire careers in order to better serve the public.

In answer to your question, you could be referring to a property's Bundle of Rights or perhaps even to mineral rights. In addition, there are easement right-of-ways and marital rights. But in the end, you did the right thing by exercising your right to consult with a real estate expert who can not only answer any questions that you may have but to also give you the advantage of their years of experience in safeguarding the rights of consumers including both buyers and sellers.

I hope this helps you and sheds some light on your inquiry. In closing let me state that I am not a one-size-fits-all Realtor, but who knows---maybe I am just right for you!

Stan Trekell, Realtor
Lawrence, Kansas
1 vote
thank you
Flag Sun Jun 10, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more