Colleen, Home Buyer in White Plains, NY

what is a seller agent commission?

Asked by Colleen, White Plains, NY Fri Nov 2, 2012

Answers

7
Maria Cipoll…, Agent, Coral Springs, FL
Fri Nov 2, 2012
All comission in real estate are negotiable. Interview several agents, find out what marketing strategies can offer you and what kind of comission they would like to get to sell your property.

Best of Luck,

Maria Cipollone

Century 21 Tenace

http://www.Flahomespecialist.com
Christopher…, Agent, Tarrytown, NY
Sat Nov 3, 2012
Hi, The comission rate varies from office to office. I'd be happy to explain what we charge and exactly what you will get for it.

Christopher
Debra (Debbi…, Agent, Livingston, NJ
Fri Nov 2, 2012
sorry, but I take issue with the hackneyed response : " you get what you pay for"............sometimes, you DO get what you pay for..........and sometimes you do not...paying more for anything isn't an automatic guarantee of getting quality service or product.

Do your due dilligence - ask questions - compare and contrast written marketing plans...... and then make an educated decision in regard to your selection ofl lisitng agent.

Please know that.............Commissions are negotiable..........period!
Anti trust laws forbid agents from dicusssing commissions in a public forum.........there are no "typical". "expected". "customary" or "usual;" commissions.

Speak with several agents............then make your decision

Best wishes..........
Lisa K Dolli…, Agent, 10580, NY
Fri Nov 2, 2012
Hi Colleen,

In addition to the replies below, a typical sellers commission here in Westchester is 4-6%, which is spilt between the buyers and sellers agents and paid at the closing. As stated below, the percentage is negotiable, but keep in mind you get what you pay for. Compare not only the commissions but what each company/agent has to offer in marketing and selling your home, and what kind of resources and exposure the company can offer.

If you would like more information please feel free to contact me directly.

Lisa K Dollinger
William Raveis Real Estate
Lisa.dollinger@raveis.com
914-907-1570
Coffy Bailey, Agent, New York, NY
Fri Nov 2, 2012
It is a commission that the seller and agent agree on upon the sale of the property.

Any further questions regarding this or anything else do not hesitate to contact me.

Coffy Bailey
Exit Realty Power
646-773-8347
Sammy Saunde…, Agent, Mount Vernon, NY
Fri Nov 2, 2012
Good Evening Colleen,

A seller agent commission is a fee charged by the real estate broker for services such as, marketing a home for sale, negotiation with buyers and attorneys, and providing counsel and advice to the seller throughout the process.

What is your situation? Please feel free to email me directly, I am a real estate broker located in Lower Westchester.

ssaunders@thesaundersboutique.com
914 509 6418 Ext. 1
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Fri Nov 2, 2012
Commissions are always negotiable, there are no set standards....