what is a good area to look for a condo (low fees) or single family home that I could bike to the beach.?

Asked by jlllybelle, Venice, FL Thu Feb 13, 2014

2 bedroom 2 bath would be great

Answers

3
ked9361, Home Buyer, Venice, FL
Wed Mar 19, 2014
There is a condo for sale at Gulf Point on The Esplanade across the street from the beach. Gorgeous views of the gulf, completely remodeled and beautiful...all new mechanicals, and HOA fee is only 275.00 per month. Check it out.
http://mfr.mlxchange.com/DotNet/Pub/EmailView.aspx?r=1102569…
Prrwow, Home Buyer, New York, NY
Tue Feb 18, 2014
I agree with Bill Eckler (and I'm not an agent, just a snowbird). There are lots of condos on Venice island in all price ranges starting under 100k. The more convenient it is to both beach and downtown, the more it is going to cost you (and the higher its resale value). If you must have a lanai, you'll pay quite a bit more than for one without a lanai. Some condos have pools some dont, but 2 Bedroom units are common in Venice...you will easily find something. Not sure about low fees. We pay about about 900 per quarter fees and think we get good value for that.

Find a realtor you trust, in the area you want to look and be clear what you want and what you can pay for it. You won't pay more going through a realtor...people who sell on their own often simply want to cut out the middleman; they aren't interested in you getting a bargain.
Thank you very much. I wanted to stay under 300 for fees. Do you have any condo communities you would recommend. I plan on coming down the end of march just to look around and find an agent. Any info would be great.
Flag Tue Feb 18, 2014
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Sat Feb 15, 2014
Venice is a wonderful location that offers a wide variety of activities and a rich rewarding life style for its residents. There are many options available for people interested in bicycling to our area beaches. Area bike paths make Venice Island and our beaches easily accessible. I would recommend focusing on Venice Island for its convenience and closeness to area popular beaches.

I