Aziz, Home Buyer in Hafid

what is a cash offer?

Asked by Aziz, Hafid Fri Jul 4, 2008

My broker said that you can make all cash offer on the property while you still get the financing

Answers

13
AJ Heidmann, Agent, Arlington, VA
Sat Jul 5, 2008
I will totally disagree with Kallen... a cash offer means that you are not using any type of financing, you have the assets in your possesion to buy the property outright on settlement day. Since you your offer was probably presented on the Regional Contract used in Northern Virginia, you could be on thin ice if you misrepresent your ability to complete the offer without financing, just as Cindy stated. Go back and get clarification before making an offer.
Karen Wenzel,…, Agent, Brookfield, WI
Fri Jul 4, 2008
Aziz,
A cash offer is where you know that you have the financial means to close on the transaction- absolutely.
You either have a letter of credit from your lender, or documentation that whatever property you choose that you can get financing for it.

Your offer would not be "contingent" on you getting financing. This makes it very strong to the Seller, and puts you in a very good bargaining position. You will need though to provide your agent with documentation that you, in fact, have access to funds to close which he/she would present with your offer.

I have done this many times - with clients and personally. When you may be in a competitive situation with other offers, a Seller may be more inclined to accept your offer rather than one "contingent" on the buyer getting financing, even if your offer is for less money (in some cases)

All the Best to you!
Web Reference:  http://www.GoPackerUp.com
J R, , New York, NY
Sat Aug 9, 2008
A cash offer means that you are able to pay for the house in cash without financing. You can always decide to GET financing, but you must be able to prove you have the selling price in cash, in other words, not contingent on you getting financing.
FrankyRealty, , Arlington, VA
Sat Aug 9, 2008
Hey Aziz,
I better win a "best answer" for this.

First off, I am not a lawyer, so you would need to consult a lawyer to interpret the contract. I am a broker for my company. This is what we allow.

You CAN write a "100% cash offer" and then decide to get financing.

How?
1) You have to show that you COULD in theory buy it with all cash. Proof of cash in a checking account or liquid stocks should suffice.
2) The contract has NO finance contingencies (no appraisal contingencies)
3) Section 13 of the VA contract allows you to change the type of financing at any time, as long as you don't delay the closing or cost the seller even a dime.

So if you initially said all CASH, but some lender offers you a great deal, you can get the loan. At closing the seller won't care if you bring Cash Cash or Bank Cash. But if you mess up, they will hold you in DEFAULT.

What you do NOT want to do is pretend that you can buy it with cash and then get a loan.

Best of luck

Frank- Broker FranklyRealty.com
http://Blog.FranklyRealty.com
Vicky Chrisn…, , 20176
Fri Jul 4, 2008
you'll likely have to have proof of funds. so, if you're buying a $100K home and you have $500K in a checking account, but you'd prefer to get financing... then, its probably ok. but, getting financing today is difficult, even for solid buyers. don't make a promise you can't keep. again - talk to your agent, they understand your situation better than we do.
Rajendras540, Home Buyer, New York, NY
Mon Apr 6, 2015
Cach offer is best offer of earn money.
Bruce & Tanya…, Agent, Springfield, VA
Mon Feb 17, 2014
If you were to make a cash offer, you would be making an offer based on having the full amount funds available to close on that property using only cash. This type of offer is not dependent on needing to obtain a loan. Proof of funds will be required when submitting this type of offer.
RE/MAX Execu…, Agent, Burke, VA
Mon Feb 17, 2014
A cash offer is when you have the funds available to make an offer on a property and close by paying with cash. It is not dependent on needing to obtain a loan. Proof of funds will be required when submitting this type of offer.
, ,
Mon Sep 16, 2013
Well if he submitted the offer to me, I would ask for proof of funds.
Jessica Hood…, Agent, Gambrills, MD
Tue Jun 15, 2010
A cash offer specifically DOES NOT require financing. There is no grey area on the definition. Perhaps you misunderstood your broker. I'd check back in with him/her for clarification.
Crl, Both Buyer And Seller, Corpus Christi, TX
Sat Aug 9, 2008
Also, cash implies that the buyer does not require an Appraisal, if in fact no bank is imvolved.
Dallas Texas, Agent, Dallas, TN
Fri Jul 4, 2008
Yes you can make a cash offer you need to make a contract change. http://www.lynn911.com
Cindy Jones, Agent, Alexandira, VA
Fri Jul 4, 2008
I would ask your broker to explain what they mean. Since you are represented by an agent I can't give you advise on your purchase but you could be walking on a slippery slope if you misrepresent how you intend to complete the purchase of the property to a seller.
Web Reference:  http://varealestatetalk.com