Home Buying in Waldorf>Question Details

Gloria Marti…, Home Buyer in Waldorf, MD

what is a USDA Mortgage???

Asked by Gloria Martin-plummer, Waldorf, MD Thu Feb 21, 2013

Don DeHanas’ answer
Hi Again Gloria,

Melinda gave the perfect answer. I will piggy-back her response with some additional information. Sometimes the USDA loan is misunderstood to only be for the purchase of rural homes. This is not the case. I have found that there are many homes within subdivisions that also qualify. Here is a link to the USDA website where you can research availability by specific address: http://eligibility.sc.egov.usda.gov/eligibility/welcomeActio…

Best of luck!
USDA financing has some great benefits, read all about them in the provided web reference link below.

USDA Mortgage Hub
100% USDA Rural Housing Loans - Nationwide
Ph: 800-691-8826 (7 days a week)
It is a money down 100% financing mortgage. The area needs to qualify for the loan. You can check addresses here:

To see if the property is eligible. It is a great way to go if possible.

Hi Gloria, consult a mortgage lender
Hi Gloria,
A USDA mortgage is loan that requires no money down...100% financing. It is also referred to as "Rural Development" or "Farmers Home Loan". There is an income restriction as well as a geographical restriction on this type of loan. For example, most of Charles County is eligible for this type of loan with the exception of most of Waldorf and parts of White Plains. The income restrictions range from $93,450 - $133,300 per year depending on household size and county. Minimum credit score for this program is 620. I hope this info helps...please feel free to contact me with any more questions regarding this type of loan. I've had many buyers use this and it's a wonderful program!
I would be glad to answer all of your questions concerning USDA financing, as well as assist you with your home search,. Please contact me if you are in need of a Realtor to assist you .

The USDA loan is a 100% (no down payment) mortgage offered in eligible rural areas. It is an excellent program that I have had several clients use. Here's a helpful link: http://eligibility.sc.egov.usda.gov/eligibility/welcomeAction.do
A USDA loan is a loan that is for Rural properties. You have to fall with in the income limits for the county and the property has to qualify as well. I can look up any property you are interested in and let you know if you and the property qualifies.

Also, you can do 100% loan.!